Incubus's next single

Dynasty

Space Core
Reaction score
After their smash hit of Anna Molly, Incubus are now releasing a new single:

'Dig', from their new album Light Grenades released in November of last year which went straight in at number one in the US charts, has yet to have a confirmed release date, but a music video is already out now:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hME7uyoNseo[/YOUTUBE]

Personally its one of my most favourite songs ever since the release of Light Grenades.

every boards of canada fan on here is going to claim it's a rip off "amo bishop roden"

I always thought anna molly was utterly mediocre... I can't even think of how it goes. This song is no good either >.>

Dig was the only real song that stood out on Light Grenades. Incubus are capable of a lot more than their latest mediocre indie compilation.

Yeah, I thought Anna Molly was really disapointing for a band like Incubus. Pretty much every song they'd released a video/single for (all the populars, ala, Wish You Were Here, Pardon Me, A Certain Shade of Green, etc) were all stunning songs, but Anna Molly... man, what? Like Que, I can't even remember it. Nothing about it stood out to me, which is really un-like Incubus. :(

I'll have a listen to Dig later.

Light Grenades was amazing at first, but for me, it's fizzled with time. I'd say the same for Dig. I still hope it does well, though, because it's probably better than 90% of the crap on the radio today.

That video should help it along. Nothing hard to swallow, just hotness for girls and guys alike.

I think the girl in the video looks like jessica biel when she smiles :S

Hah! I knew this would be the next single. Definitely the most stand out song on the album, and it has enough pop appeal to be radio friendly. Plus, it's awesome :thumbs:

Idunno, I really liked Light Grenades, but I agree it's not the most memorable stuff Incubus have done. I don't think it helped that 3/4 of the album were soppy love songs, which isn't entirely unlike Incubus, but never in such volume. I always liked the majority of their lyrics, and some of it still showed in there, but for the most part it was pretty weak...

Still, musically I thought it was a step in the right direction, so I'm hoping for good things from these guys in the future.

Anyway, watching the vid now :)

Edit - Meh, that was... disgestible. Same old show footage of random crap slightly relevant to the subject matter of the song, spliced with images of the band playing in some kind of abnormal setting. Add amateur film effect for good measure. Still, Incubus have never really stood out for their videos I guess.

No offense guys, but I have to take a hardline stance for the sake of music. That song is absolute shit.

No offense guys, but I have to take a hardline stance for the sake of music. That song is absolute shit.
For good, catchy, radio-friendly pop music, it's not that bad at all. I don't think there's wrong with some lightweight fare every now and then.

Something about it remind me of a Boards of Canada song.... not sure which or what though...

For good, catchy, radio-friendly pop music, it's not that bad at all. I don't think there's wrong with some lightweight fare every now and then.
It's just the kind of thing you'd expect from Maroon 5, not some wannabe rock band.

Wannabe? I don't see that Incubus has ever "wanted" to be anything. They have their own style, whether or not it reflects the themes of other bands or music, and whether or not it clicks with the tastes of anyone expecting something a little more to their liking (ie - rock). They're still distinctive in whatever they do, and it still sounds good to the likes of me.

Also, Maroon 5 had a couple good songs. If that makes me loose credibility at all, then please happily ignore this post :p

Bad^Hat, I agree. They were actually good until they got overplayed.

OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE

I third the Maroon 5 love. But this love has taken it's toll on me. D:

Guys, stop it.

These kinds of threads have said goodbye... so many times before :(

Wow, I think Light Grenades is an amazing album. I guess I'm in the minority here.

Back