Indy 500 crash

Holy ****ing god, as soon as it gets a bit air-borne it just lifts off!

Another testament to the safety and design of the F1 machine.

I was watching this as it happened.

I only watch these races for the crashes.

These cars need wings, I want to see one fly off the track!

anyway crashes are fun to watch when no one gets hurt. i used to play racing sims just to drive the opposite direction and crash head first to watch the amazing physics and destruction happen

While reading the title i was thinking: "If you were to Indy at only a 500 degree spin hell you'd crash."

Video is wow though.

Damn, crazy shit.
I want to see the cam from the car that crashed, did they release that?

Crap... shows how strong race cars are now. 10 years ago they would be scraping him off the crowd.

These cars need wings, I want to see one fly off the track!

anyway crashes are fun to watch when no one gets hurt. i used to play racing sims just to drive the opposite direction and crash head first to watch the amazing physics and destruction happen

Nascar '97 represent.

I don't get oval racing. They should be given guns to make it more entertaining imo.

Oval racing is hard as hell, believe it or not. Those banked turns and flat out speeds.

I saw that race. I think he died. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Nah, I vote this..

mazda-787b.jpg

Some of the Le Mans cars used to take off when they go over raised sections of the track and do backflips.

That was in 1999. Imagine how inferior the safety of those cars was back then compared to now.

The best part of this crash is that not only did the driver, Peter Dumbreck, walk away, but since the track is technically a public road, in accordance with French law he was actually breathalyzed afterwards.

I did like Oval racing in Forza 2. But that was only because everybody was running a dodge charger that all had pretty much the same configurations, and I was running a pink TVR Tuscan... a British car, and beating them much of the time. My car wasn't faster than theirs and it didn't have as much power, but I was able to take the turns more cleanly and often times I ended up in first place if I didn't have any screwups.

I liked standing out away from all the clones.

Am I the only one having trouble getting youtube videos to start loading? I have FiOS FFS....

Edit: Switched back to HTML5... much better!

Back