infinium phantom

G

well check out the site http://www.infiniumlabs.com/intro.html

creepy... but cool! top of the line specs, downloadable games (even rent downloads) and pre playing before you buy!, with wireless keyboard and mouse, 2usb ports, 4ctrl'r ports, and i read it was supposed to play pc games too!.. interesting... DO NOT GIVE THEM PERSONAL INFORMATION as it could be a hoax but seems cool

nice game selection -laf-

in the games part of the trailer its like some crap flash games

bikini babes volleyball or somethin
abducted
blah blah

It's not real. It's either a big Hoax, or it will be tottaly useless. Anyone who has broadband allready has a computer, so you DON'T NEED IT!

The Phantom is geared more toward console gamers who want the added advatages that comes with PC gaming, and want to play pc games on a console. The Phantom has some advanbtages over the PC, but not so many advatages that hardcore PC gamers will consider buying it.

**edit: I dont understand why so many people say its a hoax. wtf?

Why do you think it's a hoax, i'm signed up in the beta, if i get in i'll tell you how it is.

i think it is a hoax because it seems too stupid to be real, what is the point? why not just get a computer then you can get email and websites and shit in addition to video games, also you can upgrade your pc much more easily. either its a hoax or they will sell 4 of them altogether.

I'm not so sure it is real because i havent heard any games developers mention it, and they would have to be agreed on letting people download the games.

And i dont understand how they can get all that gear into one box and keep the cost down, unless manufacturers are making cheapo versions. But then we would have heard about that.....

It really comes down to this: is it a hoax, or are the forces involved in making this system absolutely inept? I'd call that six of one or a half dozen of the other. Anybody tried to actually submit ther information on the pre-registration screen? It's not a button, it's just a sort vestigial nub with no function.

An interesting mail from Josh Parker, Private Eye:

In my amazing boredom, I researched the status of these trademarks on , but could find no record of either being trademarked. I tried various search methods, never did I see the slogan or the name Phantom trademarked by Infium Labs.

Uh, yeah. Might want to get one of them trademark things.

Steve from HardOCP dropped the following science on me yesterday:

We had a reader go by Infinium Labs and take pictures of their "facility" ( that's when we found out it was a strip mall in the Florida Keys ) only to find out it was a single desk in a 100 x 100ft room with two phones and no furniture. That was about 4 months ago.

I talked to the Tim Roberts guy on the phone when he returned my call ( 22 days after I left a message ) and when I asked him about all this...he HUNG UP ON ME. I asked him if he was looking for investors, he said "We are actively recruiting investors". I asked him if they had any consoles on hand, he said "We have several hundred prototype models here in the office". So then I asked him where the prototypes were made, he said "right here in our facility". Then I told him I had seen his 100ft x 100ft office space conveinently located next to Missing Link Art Gallery in the strip mall ( located at 5380 Gulf of Mexico Dr. Longboat Key, Fl 34228 ) and he went NUTS!!! "WHO THE **** IS THIS!?!?! BLAH BLAH I'LL SUE YOU".

Then you have articles like this one on Newsforge that make the whole thing seem sensible! Goddammit, I'm trying to dismiss something here! Stupid journalists.

(CW)TB

penny-arcade.com

If it isn't a hoax i'll just wait for it to come out in comercials and on the market thx.

Back