****ing steam.

W

Wobledinger

Yo whats up, im sure im not the first person to say this, but **** STEAM, its bullshit.

It litterally wont let me play the game, it is an authentic copy that was working just fine a week ago. i havent shared the Key with anyone. I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG! AH!

I am ridiculously frustrated.

Please someone must be able to help me.

It says, "cant connect, run in offline mode?" i say "yeah why not" it says "Running in offline mode... Cant connect"

AH!

It's a known issue.

And yes, Steam does suck. But then again, I'm happy I can legally play the game without my CD anymore. :E

And how did this happen?

I cant actually play it even when i am online. This is stupid.

I will kill every employee at the Steam headquarters.

it just seems a waste of money now

AH

there must be some way to solve this!

Wait a week and see if it still does it. Mine did that a week after HL2 came out, but then the next day it was fine.

Email Valve and see if you get a reply.

That's pretty much all you can do.

make a shortcut of hl2.exe then type " -steam -console" at the end of the path so it looks somthing similiar to this:
"c:\program files\half life2\hl2.exe" -steam -console

note: it may not work
note2: my friend told me so don't blame me if this does not work

Try deleting the clientregistry.blob file in the steam directory.

Rebuilding it only takes a couple of minutes on dailup, so on broadband or cable, it'll be over faster than you mine some gold from your nose.

i still cant play hl dm and now counter strike got so laggy even though it was working perfectly fine for 2 weeks i think its internet connection with steam because warcraft, age of mythology etc are working just as they have always being PERFECTLY FINE.
if anyone had this prob please tell me wat the HELL is going on!!!!!!
p.s steam dont sell games if noone can use them

try not letting steam start automatically when you boot, it sounds as if it's starting before your connection is up, this happened to my friend. instead, wait until you're sure you have a connection before you start steam, wait for it to update itself and let it update the games you want to play, then you should be able to play them in offline mode.

In future, check the steam support pages before coming to these forums!

Back