inHalflife.de Interview PC Games Magazine

Onions

Reaction score
inHalflife.de recently interviewed Heinrich Lenhardt of German magazine PC Games about his Half-Life 2 experience.
[br]
Valentin 'bladi' Ihringer, inHalflife.de: Are the system requirements for Half-Life2 justified? What was the setup of the machine you used for the tests and did it run stable?[br]
[br]
Heinrich Lenhardt, PC Games: The official benchmark, which is enclosed with CS:Source, pretty much shows the same result as on our test machine (P4 3.2 GHz, 2Gbyte RAM and a Readeon X800 XT, with that Half-Life2 ran at 60 FPS at a resolution of 1600x1200, full details and 6x edge smoothing and 8x asyntropic filtering). We therefore have used this official benchmark for our issue, but we are also going to have a test with our own benchmarks in the issue after the next.[br]
[br]
Valentin 'bladi' Ihringer, inHalflife.de: What is your stance on the fact one will have to activate Half-Life2 via Steam after purchase in order to play the single player mode? Do you think this will be a problem for people who do not know about this when they buy the game?[br]
Heinrich Lenhardt, PC Games: It would be nice if there was a visible hint on the package. The whole thing is kind of a hassle. But in the last 20 years I have already seen some much more annoying copy protections.
[br]
The full interview can be found here

Yeah, I'm happy the system requirements are correct, btw I want their testmachine P4 3.2 GHz, 2Gbyte RAM and a Readeon X800 XT :p.

Vinnie_NL said:
Yeah, I'm happy the system requirements are correct, btw I want their testmachine P4 3.2 GHz, 2Gbyte RAM and a Readeon X800 XT :p.

p4 3,2 is not really high end :LOL:

AMD A64 3500,A64 3800 is faster

my machine comes close to their test machine, only the processor is slower, less memory and a older video card.. :p

it hav so powerfull PC and gets 60 fps? do thats nice?

<RJMC> said:

But they ran it on 1600x1200 with 6x AA and 8x AF and to run that on higher than 60 fps then you will need 2x 6800 Ultra SLI and some über cpu and ram.

Hmmm0rz....

Wonder what FPS I can get with a Pentium 4 2.52GHz HT with 800mhz FSB, 1.0Gb 350mhz RAM, and a crappy fx5600 128mb ? 10 ?

poofyfinger said:
Hmmm0rz....

Wonder what FPS I can get with a Pentium 4 2.52GHz HT with 800mhz FSB, 1.0Gb 350mhz RAM, and a crappy fx5600 128mb ? 10 ?

Remember: they DID run it with everything maxed out. AA and AF are performance hogs, if you ask me.

<RJMC> said:

Actually, fps will break off at a rate of 60 unattached by your hardware to assure a more fair competition

Activate HL2 ???? If i bought it there is no problem i suppose?

Darkghost signature bruv, it's to long.

Very good read especially his comments about the steam activation.

Back