Inputting the HL2 ATi Key

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For those of you out there that have been lucky enough to buy one of the latest ATi Radeon graphic cards, and even more lucky enough to get a card that comes bundled free with a key-code for Half-Life 2, the angst of wondering what to do with the code is nearly over.

Last week we reported that these specific key-code holders would gain access to the Counter-Strike: Source BETA (which you can read about here ). You're all still entitled to Half-Life 2 and indeed access to the Counter-Strike: Source BETA, but to make you all feel at rest, Steam will be updated in the next few days with a facility to enter this code so it is stored on your Steam account.

This should all make you feel at ease about how you join in the CS:S BETA and get your free copy of Half-Life 2 too.

You can see where this news originated on the Steam forums by clicking here.

Thanks for clearing that up :thumbs: (for the people who have been living in a cave for the last week :p)

Don't come back ? What are you a supermoderatoradministrator with 2 posts?

lol

Chris just a little FYI, I asked Taylor Sherman and he said if you already inputted your ATI code that you would automatically see CS:S when the beta started so you didn't need to enter your CD-Key again :)

yeah poofyfinger, didnt you know that on this site if you're into HL2 you cant be a doom iii fan, and vice versa. Jeez dont you know anything ;)

Chris_D said:
For those of you out there that have been lucky enough to buy one of the latest ATi Radeon graphic cards

I've got a R9800XT and an X800. Neither of them work with my board. Lucky me.

well you can give me those uhm worthless things to me then, to get them off your hands. Why I'll even pay for shipping!

i can have the r9800xt then ,it should work here :cheers:

brink's said:
I think its the fact that he's spamming.

Do you honestly think that if I was spamming I would be saying that DOOM III is gonna rock like 50x on every thread :flame: !?!?!

That, my fine-feathered friend, is spamming.

I am only stating that D3 is gonna rock, and replace HL2 UNTIL HL2 gets released. :angel:

Then I will stop as soon as it is released.

DOOM III IS GONNA R0X0R

Well this does me no good, I already lost my voucher, of course I take full blame for this, I am sure it will turn up the day I decide to purchase HL2.

Ohh I forgot, writing Doom3's gonna rock ( which doesn't add to the conversation whatsoever) in big red letters in a thread dedicated to CS:S isn't spamming. What was I thinking? :rolleyes:

Just a little update regarding this topic.

It is now possible for ATi voucher holders to input the key into Steam for use when HL2/CS:Source is released.

Just go to "Browse Games" and click on the icon that says "Register a product I already own...". Once the ATi key is inputted a box will pop up saying that HL2 is not available yet but until it is you will have access to the Premier Pack (which is everything but CS and CZ).

So if you want to get ready for the CS:Source beta you might as well do this now.

If somebody has time, scan in their voucher so I have an idea of what to look for, I have totally forgotten what it looks like, don't forget to blur out any serials/cd keys, appreciate it.

oh brinks.... what would the world do without an internet cop like you...

D3 Rox0r

The world would explode!!! Taking all life on earth with it.

Back