Inspiration?

Reaction score
Where does everyone get the inspiration and drive to make mods?

Myself, I get an a completely grand and poorly thought out concept in my head .. throw it down so I can see it and then revise until I achieve what I wanted to do conceptually. (Map wise anyhow .. coding I just zone out until something clicks, heh)

As you look around the Help Wanted threads it's mostly - another game...Others use books and movies...

Can also look at life - for example Counter-Strike, Terrorists vs Counter Terrorists (though SWAT and Rainbow Six games may also have added to the inspiration).

I think throwing down concepts as a sort of brain storm is a good idea - can always polish them off later...And sometimes the more quirky and bizarre a game is, the better. I mean who would have thought that Portal would be as well received -
"What's this game about"
"Well it's a puzzle game where you teleport"
"Who do you shoot?"
"No-one"
"..."

Looking at all of the people butchering the concept of modding inspires me to try to do something worthwhile.

-Angry Lawyer

my inspiration comes from games I'd like to see out there that has not been overly produced. Now of course from there you back at step one, how do I go about creating the story...?

Back