installing steam

gel

Reaction score
I'm 56k as I said before, but a friend downloaded all installs for each mod (steaminstall_tfc, steaminstall_cs, steaminstall_dod, steaminstall_opfor), all these files total at 1.3GB.

Whats the best way to install these, and is there any other advice?

Thanks.

I'm about to install the DoD on top of the CS install, I'll let you know how it goes. Sorry I can't be of much help right now.

Is there anyway to change the email you use as your account? Just wondering as in the future I may not use that email again.

Will that mean new steamid (doubtful) and friends list wiped?

Also, what should I do in the games window... I installed all of those install files above, I thought that means I installed CS, TFC, DOD and OPForce.

But when I hit the games button, it wants me to install each of them.. whats the recommended way of this (remember I have those install files installed)?

Here's to give an idea what I'm looking at:
An existing installation of Half-Life Platinum Pack has been found on your computer. Your CD key entitles you to a free monthly subscription to the following games.
Why would I use my existing one if I installed the big installer files?

Originally posted by gel
Will that mean new steamid (doubtful) and friends list wiped?

in short, yes, you should just take down their email addresses and user ID's and write them down so you can put them in your new account.

Originally posted by gel
Also, what should I do in the games window... I installed all of those install files above, I thought that means I installed CS, TFC, DOD and OPForce.

But when I hit the games button, it wants me to install each of them.. whats the recommended way of this (remember I have those install files installed)?

im not really sure what your asking here, but do you have the FULL steam installer? (it goes for about 730 megs). If you install that it will install every basic mod for HL. Otherwise id click install and see where that takes me, good luck!

Back