Intel vs AMD visually.

Garfield_

Reaction score
Since I bought my X800XL together with an AMD 64 3200+ I've noticed some differences in games. The AntiAlias is far worse than it was on my X800PRO and Intel P4 2,8Ghz. I've made some test and come to the conclusion that Intel has smoother AntiAlias and no texture errors in games. My friend uses an Radeon 9800 PRO and AMD 64 3200+ and white spots/lines appears in every game. It's not his graphics card since they appear on my X800XL aswell. With my P4 they did not, and im really picky when its about graphics.

Could this be true or is it just me ?

I don't see any lines like that in my games. Plus, they could just be errors with the game itself and not your PC...

That looks like you just have VSYNC off. I get the same "issues" in GTA with an Athlon XP. GTA has always had issues with level seams. Anything other then those 2 games? CPU's dont affect image quality.

Also try driver updates and rechecking your options in the CCC.

If not, there is always NVIDIA!

I've contacted Gigabyte since its a Gigabyte X800XL and did all they said. I've tryed all drivers, game settings etc. Never used CCC since i get some errors after installing it. These lines appear in GTA: SA. HL2, DOD Source, HL2DM... Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic 2 and other games I've tested too. Tryed every possible setting in the games but no difference.

Is your powersupply fully capable of running your graphics card?
If it's a lowbrand one that just fits I would say no. There are $25 ones that may be able to hit 400Watts but those are the ones that will be a bitch when you hit 250.

Hail my Antec Truepower 2 550Watt SLI Certificated!

Garfield_ said:
Never used CCC since i get some errors after installing it.

Ummm you must be putting some serious crap on the pc if CCC can't install right.

Garfield_ said:

Dude, its GTA: SA, its graphics engine is crap and poorly optomised for the PC, offcourse there will be troubles with it.

As for those troubles in the Source engine, I just don't get them, and I have a AMD 64 +3000, and have had both 9800SE and 6600GT OC.

Plus are you overclocking your graphics card, that tends to create graphical artifacts

AMD = Better for Desktops
Intel = Better for Notebooks.

GTA: SA isn't optimized like a top end pc game, but it still isn't a half bad port. KOTOR was a good port and had major slowdowns in areas.

Hes overclocking(?) and possibly a power supply issue that is by far the most reasonable cause.

The only difference between CPUs and brands is going to be performance...They cannot effect visuals that are created by your gfx card.

Asus speaks the truth.

I think its just your PC. I don't see nothing of the sort like the screens you posted with an X800PRO (first retail one-latest drivers) and an AMD 3800+.

Back