Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9::Present()

A

aum

I'm quite computer challenged and have no idea what this means? I get the start up screen, choose new game, it then starts loading a new game and then suddenly minimizes and I get this error.

Any help appreciated please.

Aum

Just make it simple.. how do i need to do and play the game

Anyone Gonna field This One?

Hey guys, I'm having the same problem during gameplay. After it crashes, I get :

"The instruction at "Ox241f94b7" reffered memory at "0x01100cc8". The Memory could not be "read"

any takers?

I seem to be getting this error as well. I have the most up to date drivers for my video card as well as the latest version of direct x. Very strange....

idirect3ddevice9::present()

i get this same problem but only after i updated the drivers for my ati x1300 512mb card..
i updated last night and ever since i get this message
engine error
internal driver error in idirect3ddevice9::present()

i got it sorted
i downloaded the latest dx9 (DirectX End-User Runtimes (April 2006) Full Download)
but didn`t seem to work then went to steams forums and it says to disable programs like p2p and stuff like that,so i switched off these progs
thunderbird
sysmatrix
msn messenger
and there you go back to workin better than ever happy days

I've been getting this same problem with Episode 1, and nothing I have tried has worked to fix it. When I first started playing the game, I would get this error randomly OR the game would simply freeze and stutter forever until I hard reset my computer. Sometimes this would be triggered simply by saving or loading a new map.

I did manage to play until halfway through Urban Flight, but then it started up again even worse. I updated my video drivers and made sure I had the latest version of DirectX before I even started playing. Right now, I've deleted the local content and am redownloading to give it a try tomorrow.

Pentium 4 3.2 Dual Core
1G RAM
ATI Radeon X850 XTPE

I have no problems whatsoever running HL2 or Lost Coast (though LC still claims that I can't use HDR even though my card is more than capable), and this is the first time I've ever had an error of this nature.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd hate to have to wait for a patch to finish the episode.

thank god finaly some other people with this.
i have been using Gmod 9 for at least a year now and then i started getting the very same engine error.
my half life and every thing else runs with no problem.
i even tryied older Gmods and strangly they worked the first time and then the error appears... strange...

this is starting to become more common everyday. we seriously need a fix for this.

It happens to me too! This is the first time I've experienced it. Got Episode 1 just the other day and still haven't been able to play it.

IDirect3DDevice9::present()

The problem occurs when I start a new game or try to load a saved game. I've gotten as far as... well, not much. I've seen the introduction video sequence, and DOG digging me out, and Alyx talking for a bit, I got the gravygun back... and that's it.

I've downloaded and installed Catalyst 6.5, got the latest Dx9, ended all unnecessary processes, but nothing seems to work. Nothing much has changed even. I'm running

P4 2.6Ghz
1GB RAM
ATi Radeon 9600XT 128MB

Thank goodness I found other people with the same problem. At first I thought it was my aging gfx card, but I have no PCI-E slot on my Mobo, and I'm not willing to pay $200 for a minor AGP upgrade.

Help!! I want to play this game so badly. To those who post solutions, thank you in advance. To those who suffer alongside me, hang in there! =)

Did you read my post and have you done exactly I said there??

One way to "fix" this is to start a game at 800x600 resolution and then change to previous higher resolution. This works for my laptop with a radeon 9600.

By putting -width 800 -height 600 in the game shortcut parameters.

Hi, i have also been getting this probslem. Its strange i have updated my graphics drivers before i statred playing but ive only just started getting these problems in the middle of the 3rd chapter. Playing the 1st chapters was fine. Ive been getting the problem whenever the game saves, loads something new or if theres lots of shooting going on. has anybody been able to fix this problem?

Ive been looking at the posts on steam forums and have managed to play without any crashes, some small glitches tho. What i did was put "-dxlevel 90c" in teh launch options for ep 1 and turned Hdr off. Hopefully valve will sort this problem so i can play with HDR on :p

I just got this problem TODAY!? I could play last night FINE!!! WTF? HALP

Yea but see I dont want to run the game in a lower DXlevel. I have an x850PE ATI

I appreciate your help man :)

I sent a steam support ticket and awaiting response this week

Pauly said:
Yea but see I dont want to run the game in a lower DXlevel. I have an x850PE ATI

I appreciate your help man :)

I sent a steam support ticket and awaiting response this week

Don't know about you but at least I'm playing the game ok in DirectX 8.1 and not having it crash all the time, and just for the hell of it I installed HL-2 and that run great useing Directx 9 no problems WHAT SO EVER.

I also sent the support team ticket and all I got was please send Diag file of your system and MSinfo file but that was 3 day's ago havent heard from them.

Just an update, I tryed Arioch's link and downloaded DirectX june update and tryed to start a new game in DirectX 9 but no luck I couldn't get past the load screen, the bar got to about 75% and that was as far as I got so I'll just settle for DirectX 8.1

leongt said:
Don't know about you but at least I'm playing the game ok in DirectX 8.1 and not having it crash all the time, and just for the hell of it I installed HL-2 and that run great useing Directx 9 no problems WHAT SO EVER.

I also sent the support team ticket and all I got was please send Diag file of your system and MSinfo file but that was 3 day's ago havent heard from them.

Just an update, I tryed Arioch's link and downloaded DirectX june update and tryed to start a new game in DirectX 9 but no luck I couldn't get past the load screen, the bar got to about 75% and that was as far as I got so I'll just settle for DirectX 8.1

I suggest you to install the latest Omega Drivers too. That's what I have in my computer and it's goes perfectly. Give it a try: www.omegadrivers.net

Couldn't be bothered Arioch, I've finished it now anyway and I'm sure the Omega drivers wouldn't help If HL-2 work's ok with DirectX 9 then Episode 1 should.

I'm still not sure if stream did a full update for me becouse the game started on medium setting's instead of easy when starting a new game and the update was suppose to fix that and stream was telling me it had updated 100%, anyway I enjoyed it and what matters even if it was in DirectX 8.1 thank's anyway.

fix found
put

-DXlevel 70

into the launch options. once your into the program feel free to go to your options and reset everything. :smoking:

The start the game in 800x600 then switch resolutions in game fix helped. Haven't tried the June DX9 patch yet though. Will try that later. Thanks!

Arioch said:
Hi to all!

I have just registered to help you. I found this page using Google when i get the same error than you all. But the answer was not here. I didn´t find the answer anywhere, it was all luck. What you have to do is to install the DirectX June update from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...75-7b26-4916-8e5f-6f88a5bc09c5&DisplayLang=en and you will never get that error again.

Bye!

Thank you very much!!! Problem solved :D

Probably the only sollution to it :smoking:

I've been getting this problem. Started cropping up when I got my new LCD monitor. Not running at 4:3 seems to crash. However it looks like ass if I don't run it at 1280x1024. I updated DirectX to the latest version. Latest version of Catalyst drivers. I've been managing by changing to a low resolution then back to a higher one, but it's really annoying and often causes crashes.
Running a GeXCube x850 Pro.

Reading up on the support site for steampowered, it is a unresolved issue...
http://support.steampowered.com/cgi...0REZXZpY2U5OjpQcmVzZW50KCk*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Yeah....

I get the " Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9::present() " when trying to play DoD:S... I updated DirectX from microsoft and tried again, it seemed to work for about 5 minutes. When any action seems to take place it minimizes and I get the error or sometimes I'll even just get the sound stuck on repeat and unable to minimize with alt-tab, and have to ctrl-alt-del the hl2.exe.

So yeah.. could someone come up with an actual way to permanently fix this?

When i went to start a new game it gets 75% of the way through and jams, so i instaled VGA drivers for my graphics card from the ACER website. Now I have the same error (idirect3ddevice9::()), i've got a mobility radeon x700 and directx 9 can anyone verify that the directx updates and the omegadrivers work?

Fixed mine

I had same error, i found a similar problem between all of us it is that we all had ATI cards, I upgraded my ati driver to 6.8 and it works without errors now

Radeon 9600XT, Catalist 6-8, directx_aug2006_redist - the same trouble: "Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9::present()" (even with "-dxlevel 81" option)
...but it seems I know how to solve this problem: Nvidia GeForce!.. ;-)

I also have this problem, I have the DirectX August update and the 6.8 driver for my ATI card and it still keeps giving me the error. Any other suggestions are aprecciated.

Back