Internet connection problem : [

dantewilliams

Reaction score
guys ok so got my new comp running and now the internet doesnt work very well. im sending out like 17000 packets but only getting like 100 back, and this is all in about 10 minutes. i first noticed a problem when i got onto steam and tried to dl games and they only got like 5% done but then i checked the packets and they're all off. Secondly ive tried disabling all my fire walls, the drivers are all stock from nvidia (using an nforce 4 board). and another thing is, the led on the cat 5 cable is orange, rather than green.

I would also like to post that my speakers are making a wierd crackling noise when playing bf2! anythoughts?

heres an image of my packets:
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/1291/untitled1fd.jpg

New comp eh?
Did you install any network adapter drivers?

If you build the PC yourself then install the drivers from the motherboard disk. Go to Device Manager to make sure it is all installed (If it has a yellow icon next to it then it is missing some drivers). If you already did that then just have 1 firewall on wether it's Windows XP's firewall or Nvidia's etc. They will conflict otherwise.

Next go to RUN and type CMD. In the command prompt type IPconfig and the IP address should start with 192.168.254.xxx most likely. If it's 127 or something else it probably is not connecting right.

Does your IP addy start with 192?

:dozey: yes my ip starts with 192, and there are no driver conflicts. I am running Nvidia fire wall and Norton, but i have both disabled right now

196. would be the bad one.

So he's behind a NAT router, then.

Do other computers on your network have an OK connection?

i think i may have figured it out....

the NVIDIA firewall was ****ED UP jesus ill never use nvidia for that stupid shit again.

Have you performed the correct sacrifices to the vengeful deities of The Inter-Net?

Back