Interview with Merle Dandridge - The voice of Alyx Vance

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]
Yesterday afternoon I was fortunate enough to spend some time chatting with Merle Dandridge alongside William from Podcast 17. Merle is most well known as the voice of Alyx Vance but she is also a professional actress on the stage, television and film.[br]We talk about her time working with Valve, getting the role of Alyx, feedback from the role and some of her favourite moments being Alyx Vance. You can listen now to the interview on the Podcast 17 site and support Merle via her facebook.

Its nice to hear her voice again. Makes me feel that the game is somehow still alive

Maybe I'm just overly hopeful, but I got the vibe she's worked with Valve recently :<

/false hope

I love how accessible she sounds - a lot of actors have this tone like they're constantly auditioning for something. Also, I have long been curious about exactly what song Alyx is humming when she's working on the teleport in Black Mesa East!

I had to laugh when she talked about actually playing Half-Life 2, though, because that was pretty much my mom's reaction after about 10 seconds of Portal: "How do you know where to go???"

It's truly refreshing to here Merle Dandridge's voice after all these years, it's certainly been a while since we have all heard it. Great stuff.

Back