Iowa legalizes same sex marriage

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Iowa? ya Iowa of all places:

The Iowa Supreme Court this morning unanimously upheld gays? right to marry.

?The Iowa statute limiting civil marriage to a union between a man and a woman violates the equal protection clause of the Iowa Constitution,? the justices said in a summary of their decision.

The court rules that gay marriage would be legal in three weeks, starting April 24.
Advertisement

The court affirmed a Polk County District Court decision that would allow six gay couples to marry.

The ruling is viewed as a victory for the gay rights movement in Iowa and elsewhere, and a setback for social conservatives who wanted to protect traditional families.

46 more states to go and the US might actually join the rest of us in the 21st century

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20090403/NEWS/90403010

i have no problem with this. we have much more important issues to worry about and people need to respect each others way of life and opinions. imagine all the energy wasted fighting a hopeless cause, when we could be fixing homelessness or raising money for cures to deadly diseases.

I dont see why fighting against those that would deny people rights most of us in enjoy as somehow "unimportant"

So how does it work. Do they have protection in there that prohibits the law from severing their marriage and benefits if and when it gets overturned? Or is a case of, "Haha, you're no longer married now! Gotta wait again!"

You just know there will be a referendum to change the constitution at their next election.

Those are worthless causes and I think you are a lobbyist trying to take my money.

I am your goddamned President!!! meet me in the ring in 2 hours or I'm gunna smear your blood on my face and call you Sally.

Also you have 666 posts, I condemn you to HELL!!!

It's not going to be one state at a time for very long. The Constitution requires full faith and credit between the states. A marriage and a drivers license in Iowa has to count in Texas. Eventually there will be a Supreme Court case, if they have the balls.

One of my coworkers (and friend) whose hometown is in Iowa was angered by this today. Turns out hes a homophobe.

I heard on NPR that it's likely that a gay marriage bill will be on the next presidential election ticket. But I don't know, I wasn't really listening.

It's a trap. That'd be like Alabama or Mississippi doing it.

What is the homosexual?

The homosexual is a man or woman that demands a sexual relationship with a person of the same sex.

The homosexual's very existence is an act of rape.

Back