Iron Grip Media Release

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
A new character and a sneak peak at the Rahmos HQ and commander's HUD today from the busy, busy people of Iron Grip. Richar Buitine is a wealthy businessman, a hopeless romantic and one of the principle sources of funding for the Resistance. Unfortunately, he's in love with the idea of revolution and proves impossible to keep off the battleground, despite the heavy blow his loss would strike to the Cause. Also below is a shot showing a Rahmos base, complete with supertrain, war-blimp and HUD.
[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]If you want to keep up to date with the Iron Grip team, keep checking the development blog which has been running for a week now. You can find the full news announcement at the Iron Grip website. 'Soon', whispers the banner in my ear. Here's hoping that's not a Doug Lombardi soon.

Yeeey ^-^
/me goes looking for celebrity matches

Beerdude26 said:
Yeeey ^-^
/me goes looking for celebrity matches
lol. he looks like ... ro .. uh .. never mind. this mod is looking sexy.

-dodo

OMG I cant believe it, I love ....

oh wait, its two shots of a npc which are ultimatly uninteresting, and the train model weve seen before, but this time its got a crummy background with cartoony buildings, man I wont sleep tonight because of the exitement.

Mbrithoms:

First off, Buitine isn't an NPC, he is a Resistance hero in which you can select and play as.

The Rahmos HQ (Train) has been shown before, but not in - game. The buildings are being visually redone as well as the rest of this level. This image does not reflect it's final state.

Feel free to comment and give constructive criticism to any media you think needs improvement, but the way you've expressed your overall opinion has been slightly insulting.

I like the model, but the skin (primarily the body) looks a little blurry. The face looks well done and has character, but I think you could spend a few more polys on the shoulder area in particular. The angular shoulders make it look like he's wearing a starched suit or something :)

The HUD on the map shot is way too obtrusive and simplistic -- I know it's WIP but I don't really see the point in releasing shots to news sites. People will just pick it apart (I know from experience nowadays that folks are hard to please!)

mbrithoms said:
OMG I cant believe it, I love ....

oh wait, its two shots of a npc which are ultimatly uninteresting, and the train model weve seen before, but this time its got a crummy background with cartoony buildings, man I wont sleep tonight because of the exitement.

Can you do better? And you haven't heard the sound/music production, have you?

MutantBeef said:
Feel free to comment and give constructive criticism to any media you think needs improvement, but the way you've expressed your overall opinion has been slightly insulting.

Ya the models look really well done. The maps I agree look kinda meh and the lighting bland. I think the biggest issue for me is it looks really flat and needs more depth. But as you say the maps are being redone etc I am sure you are aware of that. Are the maps going to be somewhat empty since like in natural selection you have the feature of dropping/building structures? I always wondered about that when I saw the trailer for this mod.

The HUD is obviously a work in progress, as it looks just like the HL2 one, but I have one thing that really annoys me. "Money". For some reason it just doesn't fit in there. It should be "Funds", "Resources" or even "Rupees". Money just doesn't fit into the context.

simon said:
mbrithoms needs to lay of the coffee

Lol try excessive amounts of beer, was a little well served last night.

On another note, still uninteresting.

Can you do better? And you haven't heard the sound/music production, have you?

Unsure, never tried modding for source, I used to work for a large game company, and was an accomplised modder for the moh series. Ive never tried, but I simply cant say I would do better or worse. Yes Ive watched the music and sound promo vid, doesnt make a good game just cause youve got good sound, Ive got a mini recording studio in my house, I could go ahead and make a mod about going for a crap, I could make the plop and flush sound effects in high definition 5.1 surround but the end of the day the mod will still be quite literally crap.

Im an overcritical git, I will be the first to voice my opinon, good or bad. On another note I just realised Ive nearly been here 3 years, yeesh.

Mutant, Don't bother arguing with ppl dude. You can't please everyone and there's always gonna be those one or two dudes who never have anything decent to say. At the end of the day all you can do is your best.

Aight...I'm off to make poopy sounds in 5.1...

Just to let you guys know who commented on the hud being boring, it says on our actual media release (www.isotx.com) that the HUD was not even implemented for the FPS view yet. That's not what was being displayed in the screenshot.

Back