Is anyone here into RC motorsports?

Vigilante

Reaction score
Curious to know, is anyone here into nitro or electric RC cars like me? I own an HPI RS4 3 type SS w/ a .15fe engine (.12R SS died). Holla!

I was.

I won the 1998 Colombian Championship 1/10 electric FWD touring class, along with the 1/10 mini-cooper class, the only 2 classes i raced in and sweeped them both, that was the only year i raced them since i had to move country in '99. And i had inferior equipment then the other guys... but driving ability made up for that :p.

Right now im looking to get back into it. As of this moment a have a mugen seiki 1/10 nitro car and a tamiya Ta-02 4wd electric.... I might get back with an HPI or serpent nitro.. i hear good things about them.

I like the RC battleships with little BB guns mounted in their turrets that can shoot the crap out of each other.

I used to have an RC-10GT. But it died. I melted the piston. :LOL:

RMachucaA said:
I was.

I won the 1998 Colombian Championship 1/10 electric FWD touring class, along with the 1/10 mini-cooper class, the only 2 classes i raced in and sweeped them both, that was the only year i raced them since i had to move country in '99. And i had inferior equipment then the other guys... but driving ability made up for that :p.

Right now im looking to get back into it. As of this moment a have a mugen seiki 1/10 nitro car and a tamiya Ta-02 4wd electric.... I might get back with an HPI or serpent nitro.. i hear good things about them.
HPI =). Just be sure to break in the engine properly...I bought another ABC .12 R SS engine last night to replace my .15 FE

I am..though my local track burnt down (2nd biggest indoor track in england), tragic :( so i pretty much gave up though i want to start back again because it wasted lots of time and money ;) and also gave me a hobby. I also held one of the fastest lap times and it was a busy club so that gave me all warm feelings inside to be one of the best :E

I never went for the nitro's though, its always raining in england and its hard to find a good outdoor track unless im just messing about with it on a supermarket carpark or something :p I have and still do have my Losi XXX-S 4WD Touring Saloon 1/10 upgraded as good as it gets (except titanium parts...yeeesh im not made of money!) :E and my shell....OOOOOF!!! its to die for :E (well i think its nice and was quite a good job for me, im not the most creative of people)...it was just a common Vauxhall Vectra shell...but i've been through all the shell's pretty much and the best performing ones was the Vectra, Stratus and Alpha Romeo 166. I'll try get a picture up of my RC car, ive never heard of other people doing this except those i was mates with at my local (burnt down) club...it seems alot of people think they are for children but at the speeds these things go i think not!. All my family used to call me a kid for racing them ... >.<

Edit/ Got picture, but it was taken with my phone so bad quality kind of.

yeah i got a HPI savage monster truck. i havent used it in forever, cuz i lost the DC wall adapter to charge my glow plug lighter... anyway, it is a badass truck,. i changed the body obviously and it doesnt have that sand in the back anymore cuz i added dual disc brakes and cleaned everything real nice.

http://www.rcpics.net/img/18746
http://www.rcpics.net/img/18747
so there ya go...

i have a lot of toys now that i think of it....

BOYS AND THEIR TOYS

I stopped drivign my RC car when my moron dad broke the top off of my gas canister and thought it would be a good idea not to tell me (that stuff spoils quickly). Lost about $18 and just keep forgetting to get more.

I don't remember what the car is, I think it's like Traxxas Nitro something, but it's supposed to be able to go 60mph. Haven't touched it in forever.

If i get the HPI RS4 pro2, im gonna get a Novarossi engine with it, sweet deal, 2 speed aswell, my brother got one, and he couldnt go all out on the throttle since the parking lot wasnt big enough! its one fast bugger.

My mates used to have electric and nitro RC cars - the professional type (60mph+) - they didn't last long after the street where they raced was given speedbumps ... poor cars.

Back