Is Downloading the Beta ILLEGAL???>>>...

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rluto

My friend wants to download the beta over MIRC, I located it pretty easily for him using a certain website that I wont mention here. Anyway I told him NOT to download it simply because its illegal and valve could find everyone who downloaded it and sue them and have them arrested. Am I wrong? He says that they cant do anything to him unless he spreads it to more people. Who is right? What can valve do, if anything, to people who download the beta?

Crime: Handling stolen goods.

Penalty: Spend 5 minutes alone with Gabe Newell and his baseball set.

yes what? Yes I'M right your yes HE'S right and valve cant do anything to him or anyone else that downloads it?

no it's completely legal, you friend should download it
(mutters)*so he can fork over thousands of dollars to valve the ungrateful bastard*

Originally posted by Dedalus

Penalty: Spend 5 minutes alone with Gabe Newell and his baseball set.

I say we all download it then b'cos gabe looks like he could use the excersise.... the five years of development (and burgers) has left him looking permanently festivley plump....

Thousands?

(the beta is so tempting... must... resist...)

Originally posted by rluto
He says that they cant do anything to him unless he spreads it to more people.
Intellectual Property Rights lawyer is he? ;)

StooMonster

would you watch a film that didn't have all the actors in, or didn't have all the lines of dialogue put in? imagine getting a version of the matrix revolutions 2 months early, but it didn't have any CG so there wouldn't be any decent graphics, only some mashed together jobs done by dedicated but amaturish directors...instead of lawrence fishburne we'd get some second rate punk wearing a tutu...

who knows what's in the beta. sit on your hands, buy a copy of Halo or whatever FPS, and try to push HL2 to the back of your mind for now.

temptation is everywhere but how many of you can avoid falling to the dark side?

Penalty: Spend 5 minutes alone with Gabe Newell while he makes you squeel like a little piggy more like it :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back