Is it possible G-Man is Gordon?

Shamrock

Companion Cube
Reaction score
I have been thinking if it is possible G-Man is Gordon.

In an alternate timeline, Gordon has lived through City 17, has worked for Aperture Science, and has become the G-Man, the older, smarter, wiser Gordon Freeman, to stop the effects of Black Mesa.

I was thinking Episode 3 will involve the Portal tech or some other form of time travel. It could even be the key to how G-Man stops time and saves Freeman and Alyx at the end of HL2 and the beginning of Ep1 and puts us into suspended time in HL1.

So what happens in Ep3 will involve Gordon finding this technology and saves Eli from his death allowing this alternate timeline to kick into effect sooner than if Gordon lived through Black Mesa and City 17.

The chances of this are of course completely slim, but it is a possibility just like everything else.

I was thinking of posting a poll, but I figured a bunch would say Gordon is not G-Man without thinking about every angle thus causing an unbalance in the poll.

Anyway, post responses, comments, your own beliefs. I'm very interested in what everyone has to say.

Also, if I missed something, such as a plot hole where my story wouldn't work, please point that out.

And do not be jerks about this topic.
Serious only plz. kthx. :p

GO ON AND POST!

"So who is GMan & what is his goal ? The official HL2E1 site calls GMan a "sinister interdimensional bureaucrat." The way things are going, I believe that G-Man is an agent of an interstellar rebel alliance (assuming a human form), seeking to try to break down the ruthless Combine empire, an empire which I believe existed far before the events of HL1. This rebel force has incredible technology to be able to control teleportation in the way G-Man does. I don't think GMan and his rebel alliance really cares about humanity all that much, but rather, they see Earth as a viable battleground to fight the Combine on, or a strategic way to divert the Combine's attention. Perhaps he realizes that Gordon Freeman is the only one who can defeat the Combine empire, and keeps him on call for this sort of thing. You have to remember, Gordon also freed a different race: the Vortigaunts. So this is the second big blow Gordon's struck against the Combine. NOTE: I do not believe that G-Man is Gordon Freeman from the future"

that would be so stupid....its not

Well, whatever happens in episode 3, it wont really matter much to me. i mean, sure i would really enjoy it if g-man would turn out to be the future of Gordon, but to be honest, no matter what Valve puts in the game, i will enjoy. So my only question is, why the hell do we have to wait so long for the next one.

na, just don't see it, don't doubt g-man having to do with Aperture by any chance though.

that would be so stupid....its not
Its just a theory I speculated in my mind. You jerk! :p

I don't believe what I wrote. It is just 100% theory that dawned on me. I'm thinking of possibilities from here to Nazi Germany!

This one seemed creative so I posted it. haha :D

maybe that's why the gman always says "unforseen concequences" because he has lived them out, because he is Gordon, and it is a warning. And that's why Gordon has to stop the Borealis.......... NAHHH

Its just a theory I speculated in my mind. You jerk! :p

I don't believe what I wrote. It is just 100% theory that dawned on me. I'm thinking of possibilities from here to Nazi Germany!

This one seemed creative so I posted it. haha :D

im not insinuating your an idiot for the theory :p

but it would be such an abortion to the story, i dont see valve ever resorting to that

Oh god, I thought we killed off the last batch of "G-man is Gordon"-people. SAMON! Get out the machine guns, we've got a live one!

gman is not gordon because if he was that would be lame as hell and valve can do better.

G-Man = Gordon?

They look nothing alike. And if the G-Man was Gordon, then he'd come from the future, but interacting with oneself during a timetravel, well... not a bright idea, talk about the risk of creating a paradox.

G-Man and Gordon are two separate people.

Well... here's a different take: G-Man is Gordon's father!

Just imagine the climax! Gordon and the G-Man facing off, then the G-Man says "Gordon... I'm your father!" and Gordon screams "Nooooooooo!!!" and falls down a shaft, where he's rescued by the Borealis with Kleiner, Alyx and a Vort on board.

There is the alternative theory which states Gordon and Breen are the same person. After all: Gordon Freeman; Wallace Breen. What are the odds on two characters have "ee" in their surnames?

If Gordon and the G-Man have any relation or are the same person, I'll uninstall all my HL games and Steam, and never speak of it again.

Gman is Gordon is traditional. It will never fail.

Believe me, after Episode 3 the first thread to come will say "Gman = Gordon? Discuss!!!"

Gordon has 5 letters. G-Man has 4 letters. But if you subtract 4 from 5, you get 1, which is the amount of people that could possibly be Gordon Freeman. HOWEVER, if you multiply the amount of letters in Freeman with the amount of letters in G-Man, you get 28. 28 Divided by the amount of episodes released so far is 14, which is also the amount of days in two weeks. Now, if you take how many hours there are in a day, times that by 2 weeks, you ge....

GORDON IS NOT THE F****** G-MAN!!!!!!

Shamrock, you have over 3,000 posts. I would've expected this kind of thing from a newbie who has 1 post, maybe 2, but I know you, man. You've been on this forum for three years.

How could you do this to me, Shamrock? How could you?

You guys are in denial. They have the same colour eyes for Christ's sake! What other possibilities could there be??

My brain's gonna explode if I'll see anyone else mention that Gordon is G-Man.

One plot hole whould be to kill himself at the end of half life 1. I didn't go into the portal, but still, it whould be stupid to present the opportunity, if in fact, Gordon is G-man.
Gregory on the other hand... Where did he go to after Ravenholm, and did we ever see Gman and Gregory at the same time? I think not.

Gordon has 5 letters. G-Man has 4 letters. But if you subtract 4 from 5, you get 1, which is the amount of people that could possibly be Gordon Freeman. HOWEVER, if you multiply the amount of letters in Freeman with the amount of letters in G-Man, you get 28. 28 Divided by the amount of episodes released so far is 14, which is also the amount of days in two weeks. Now, if you take how many hours there are in a day, times that by 2 weeks, you ge....

GORDON IS NOT THE F****** G-MAN!!!!!!

Epic Win.

Some people actually think like that. Those people are scary.

I think that Alyx is the G-Man tbh.

Actually, no. G-Man is an evolved version of Dog in the future who rebuilt himself as a synthetic humanoid.

You're right... GLaDOS, G-Man... THEY BOTH START WITH G FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! It's brutally obvious.

Someone please put this thread out of its misery.

Shamrock, you have over 3,000 posts. I would've expected this kind of thing from a newbie who has 1 post, maybe 2, but I know you, man. You've been on this forum for three years.

How could you do this to me, Shamrock? How could you?
Hahahahahahaha.
:D

There had to be at least one thread on this! It had to be made!

Hahahahaha

Close this thread. I've had my fun already. <3 peoples reactions to the G-Man = Gordon theory. :D

</3

Love is over.
:[

But it was a joke thread. :[

*turns on the Outfield*
"I ain't got many friends left to talk to
No one's around when I'm in trouble
You know I'd do anything for you
Stay the night but keep it undercover
I just wanna use your love tonight
I don't wanna lose your love tonight!"

Back