Is it true? I DO.. I DO.. I DOOO WHOOOO

WazMeister

Reaction score
Is it true?

Yep its true about the packages but will this really happen?
With all this court stuff going on with Valve and VUI or what ever you wanna call em (Sierra?) is this just a way for Valve to try scare them into wanting to release it sooner?

I don't know the hardcore details about all this court thing but are "sierra" trying to prevent valve using steam for purchasing or delay it for that or something?
Now.. maybe in the gust of war valve said about this package thing to put the shiter on sierra (what ever they called vgu, vui? LOL).

They state next week for CS source meaning we buy the packages next week so we can have our CS:S but thats very short time.
Is CS:S complete to sell? with all maps, models, guns etc not buggy as Tribes 2 at retail (HAHA).

A week? A week is nothing yet they announce packages but no prices, surely if it was dead cert a week they give prices for people to think over, talk to parents about or bank managers about ;).

I not trying to put the hot flames out for everyone here as I excxited and laughed and cried in a extremely happy way (as geeky as it sounds) when I read about all this great stuff and even canclled my Pre-Order. Its just I don't want everyone getting excited like me (like last sept 30th) thinking its near release aka CS:S next week when shit hits the fan and the court puts a junction on to stop this...

Sounds a bit too good to be true sounds like sits a threat not a real deal.

What you think?

Just seeking opinions here not a flame war folks.

Yeah, but is anybody really gonna buy CS:S next week when they will get it with HL2?

I buying the GOLD PACKAGE for SURE!
Frame the t-shirt and hat, keep the other bits MINT.

Then when i get some more income I buy the RETAIL box and frame that too so I then just use my steam one to play.

Can't wait.

ShadowFox said:
Yeah, but is anybody really gonna buy CS:S next week when they will get it with HL2?

..yes?

When they buy CS:S next week, they're actually buying HL2. They just get to play CS:S immediately, as opposed to waiting for HL2 to ship.

I imagine you can buy it and get a cheaper version of hl2, otherwise that would be a major rip off. We will just have to wait and see.

i am :p

apart from wanting cs:source, it will also mean i dont end up trying to purchase anything on HL2 release day when loads of other users will be attempting to purchase over steam (we know how good steam gets during updates). all ill need to do is auth my cd key

I guessing this GOLD package be about 100 pounds though LOL.
And are they gonna ship this stuff out to EUROPE or just another thing for the dedicated Americans?

Shuzer said:
..yes?

When they buy CS:S next week, they're actually buying HL2. They just get to play CS:S immediately, as opposed to waiting for HL2 to ship.
Sorry.. I missed that.

They better announce the prices soon. I will gladly buy it off Steam if I know how much I am paying.

Shuzer said:
ShadowFox said:

..yes?

Haha, pwned.

ShadowFox said:

As Shuzer mentioned, CS:S comes with the purchase of HL2. You can't buy CS:S alone next week, it will only be available as part of a Steam package. Once you purchase the package, you technically own HL2 and CS:S, and can play CS:S immediately, but HL2 won't be activated until weeks later.

-UnmarkedOne

We all make mistakes, were human! I make more than anyone I totally retarded unless its computer games/playing them.

So forgive the mistake and lets all do finger rolls to prepare for Gaming sessions on CS:S

This move may prompt alot of people to remove/cash in their preorders, and give STEAM more money. You would think that this wqould be detrimental to Valve's court case...but I am no lawyer.

Back