Is the Physgun going to be in the final version..i heard it wasnt..

Reaction score
and if it isnt....you think someone would take it from the prealpha and make it usable in the final version? I really hope its in there, welding stuff, and it just looks like it would be very fun to use! :afro:

Of course it will be, it's one of the big features of Half-Life 2.

Meh, who knows.
The manipulator is enough for me. About welding, they might have a completely seperate gun for that, but no-one knows.

I like how you can "drag" objects to you that are too far away to pick up with the manipulator. Very cool.

EDIT: Guys, you do know he is talking about the blue line gun, not the manipulator...

where did you hear that it was not?

They said absolutely ages ago that first of all you get the physgun and then you get it upgraded to the manipulator.

Chris_D said:
They said absolutely ages ago that first of all you get the physgun and then you get it upgraded to the manipulator.
They did? I dont remember hearing that. Got a link?

If you watched the physics demo from last E3, it's the manipulator-like gun that fires a blue beam and can drag objects around on it.

Varsity said:
If you watched the physics demo from last E3, it's the manipulator-like gun that fires a blue beam and can drag objects around on it.

Thanks man. :thumbs:

Oh that's the physcannon. When I saw the thread title I thougt the poster ment the Manipulator, and I thought like "well that's a stupid question. Of course it will be there".
But now I know Physcannon is the blue beamed weapon, which I thought would not be included in the final version.

You always learn something new at hl2.net, that's why it is my choice for a place to find out Half-Life 2 information. Halflife2.net is the best site on the internet (crowbar sold separately).

(legal only in Havaii and Arkansas)

PC Gamer refers to using the "Physgun" in their playtest....but I thought the blue beam weapon wasn't going to be included, and was merely used in the demo to demonstrate physics. So is it a fact that it gets upgraded into the manipulator?

Edit: In fact, having read the article again, PCG are referring to the manipulator when they say Physgun. Which confuses me even more!

Isn't the physgun the one that you can use to weld? I hope it is included, then we can make some kind of battle bus, a la dawn of the dead. :D

Wouldn't it be awesome, if say a combine shot a wheel off of the buggy, and then you could repair the buggy by welding the wheel back!

Welding isnt like that In The Beta It Just Ment You Can Make Two Objects Stick Together with a Red Goo

or so i heard

quit imagining the game is going to be exactly like real life.

PatPwnt said:
quit imagining the game is going to be exactly like real life.
What the heckler and koch name one thing that would be impossible in hl2 that was mentioned in this thread. Thought so.

And again people, to keep everyone on the right track:

Blue line gun = physgun = welder gun

Manipulator = physcannon = zero point gun = IN THE FINAL GAME

bugger the welder or the blue gun, manipulator is all we need.

vegeta897 said:
What the heckler and koch name one thing that would be impossible in hl2 that was mentioned in this thread. Thought so.

simple "a combine shooting off the wheel of the buggy"

vegeta897 said:

Yes, hes right. They said the blue beam was just for the tech demos.

vegeta897 said:
How would that be impossible? *Confused*

Don't be an idiot, you know it's not going to be in the game. I am just trying to say that HL2 isn't going to be exactly like the real world. You aren't going to weld fins to the buggy and make it fly or build a computer in the game with the gravity gun. I just don't want people to be pissed when it's not what they expected.

whoa whoa confilcting info....Chris_D said the phygun (blue beam) is upgraded to the manipulator...(which if you look at all the videos sometimes has 2 arms and sometimes 3, suggested it will be upgraded) and others have said its just for teach demos.....well?

I believe Chris personally....too lazy to find it in the info thread though

i hope the physgun is gonna be in the final game, at least as a secret weapon unlockable with a code. shooting antlions off into space with it is so much fun, plus when you drive your buggy into the water by accident you can just hop out and use the physgun to lift it back onto the shore.

The thing about the weapon being upgraded was talking about the physcannon, which is the manipulator, not the blue beamed, physgun. The physgun was only used to show off the physics of the game.

I remember Gabe (or someone) say that the manipulator would get it's weight limit upgraded as the game went on, meaning you will be able to lift heavier stuff from farther away as you get it upgraded.

You don't get the physgun upgraded to the manipulator (or at least thats not what Gabe said in that particular interview).

I sure hope you can weld

In that early movie last year(I tihnk traptown) where the combine kicks int he door, it be funny to weld the door shut and have him break his leg try to kick it down

Back