Is there any WORKING HL2 coop mods?

A

Aljaud

Well, i've really wanted to finish HL2, i just cant play it alone though :( It's not very fun, and somewhat scary lol..So, is there any WORKING HL2 mods, to play Single Player mode, in Coop? And I mean ones that are allready released lol. I've tried that one , Half-Life 2 coop mod, the one with the anime BG, etc..No servers, and crashes after creating a server. Anyways, if you guys know of any coop mods, anyone want to play with me later? lol.. If so, just IM me on XFire (Aljaud).

We are waiting on Sven Co-op 2, which will be the best thing for Co-op. Nothing else really good out IIRC.

XIII - signature 4 lines maximum please.

I saw one at ModDB, but there's maintenance atm so gotta check later.

Well i almost got GMOD to work for coop, but it kept crashing every 5-10 minutes, and i couldnt pick anything up with E, etc.. :(

You can play HL2SP and HL2EP1 Coop with Obsidian Conflict.
Not the best mod but it makes a grate alternative before Sven coop 2 comes out.

How stable is it?
Fairly stable but some bugs are:
In ravenholm there is a part where you have to go back a map and when you do it starts over again sending you thought a repetitive loop

And if Alyx dies everyone’s screen goes black and nothing happens, the only way to fix this is to rejoin the server or restart the server.

Playing online destroys the HL2 experience, everyone is just rushing to get to the end, I recommend only playing LAN with 2-4 players.

Playing online destroys the HL2 experience, everyone is just rushing to get to the end, I recommend only playing LAN with 2-4 players.

Yeah I can see that. My girlfriend and I are both pretty moderate gamers, and since we're running low on good xbox / gc games, I thought I'd turn to computers. So over the summer we threw one together for her and have been playing a few things since.

I think simple coop of hl2 would be damned awesome, after playing through some coop games with my old roommate like Serious Sam, System Shock 2, Quake, Doom 3, and so on. It was unbelievable amounts of fun.

That's not too bad for a list of bugs, but I might end up waiting to see them resolved. Either way, thanks for the info. =)

Back