Is this a good buy ?

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a laptop . I have a pretty decent desktop computer so im really not looking for anything fancy ... having said that however, i would like to have something thats reasonably fast and wont need to be replaced for a few years. Its primarily for uni.

I have my eyes set on this for the moment :
http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=ca&CS=cadhs1&l=en&OC=NS15_F_1E

what do you guys think ? .

Mostly for writing papers and browsing the internet? I would get it. There's a few things that I would upgrade, like the sound card for $20 and the HD for $50. But, 250 should hold you over if you clean it out regularly.

I think its probably a little much for what you need actually. If youre going to be just writing papers and parusing the interwebs, then you dont need 3 gigs of ram, nor a 250 gig hard drive, nor a dual core processor. If I were you, then I'd rather find a cheaper one, and get a better battery.

However, I took a quick look around at the major brands and actually didnt see many that were offering a computer like that for much cheaper. So I'd say thats a good buy, but unless you're going to be plugged into a wall all of the time, you may want to consider spending a bit more for the 9-cell battery.

EDIT: Ew. I just noticed it has a glossy screen. You may want to go to a store and see if they have any monitors or laptops on display with glossy screens. I personally hate them because they are glare haven, but some people like them I guess.

Back