Is this a good computer

K

kevin442

Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some opinions on this computer and if I should upgrade anything. I am already going to upgrade the x300 to a x600 and then later on to an x800. I want to know if this computer (with x600) will be able to run Half Life 2 alright.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5131533375&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT

Here is some quick specs about it

- Pentium® 4 Processor 530 with HT Technology 3GHz w/800MHz FSB/ 1MB cache

- Intel® 925X Express chipset motherboard

- Windows XP Home Edition

- 1GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM 400mhz

- 80GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)

- 128MB PCI ExpressTM x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI RadeonTM X300 SE

Are all the components good to go so I can run Half Life 2 well?

Thanks in Advance

Kevin

PS: First Post :afro:

and im not a fan of intel mobos

as for the gfx card. might as well save up your money and get the x800 from the start

plus your not going to get that for anywere close what the bid is now

Build your own

A64 3000+ with good mobo
1 gig ddr
x800 pro
audigy 2

Good solid build right there.

I use an Intel mobo, and I like it, but yeah, go with Gigabyte or ASUS.

Like I said I dont have time to build a computer or time to go out and buy all the stuff and the time to making sure everything is compatible with everything else which means I will need to take time to read alot of stuff. Why not I just buy a computer, set it up, and I'll be fragging in no time. BTW my current setup is

2.7GHZ Celeron *sigh*
FX5200 PCI *sigh*
768 PC2100 RAM *hmm*

I am only upgrading as I dont think my current rig will be able to handle Half Life 2.

kevin442 said:
I don't have the time to build one.
It'd probably take longer to order a prebuilt one from a retailer/independent seller than it would to just get it all from newegg and put it together.

NetWarriorDan said:
Build one. It's as easy as legos.
Yes, legos were/are the best.
So is building your own PC. 1 Hour! 2 if you want to spend it. 4 if you feel wasteful. Anyway.

'Saving' time and spending money and putting it into a Prescott system isn't the best choice. IMO
Athlon 64 all the way, especially for gaming. And just don't consider Dell, thx.

Back