Is this gonna crew me up !?

P

purplesea001

I unencrypted all of the files in my SteamApps Folder
of course i dont have the program to open them
but is this going to screw up me playing hl2 when it comes out ?
thx :cool:

Yes, it's going to try decrypt those files and fail terribly

yeh probably. if you had an ounce of sence you wouldve backed up the files before ****ing about in them.

if u mean u browsed in the gcf files, thats not unencrypting them, i havnt seen anyone unencrypt them prior to the files being unlocked, however im sure some nutter has done it to be an ass :O

Remove files via Steam and reinstall the game - that's the only thing I can think of. And don't be so damned nosy next time :p

If you are smart enough to find a way of decrypting those files, then you would have been smart enough to know the answer to your own question.

You did not decrypt them.

That's allowed...

They're impossible to decrypt though.

purplesea001 said:
yea i just browsed through em
thats all
Then you have nothing to worry about. If you'd actually decrypted them, you'd probably be playing HL2 right now rather than posting here :)

Possibly. Should have made backups, like Drondeh said.

zapper said:
Nothing is impossible, we went to the moon.

Last time i checked, a large,well funded organization, known as Nasa, went ot the moon. We, ourselves, did not, unless your an astronaut, in which case you still have only been to space, as moon patrolers (crazy atari game) are higher rank.

I know you ment we as in "We, america" But in time you will see there is much more substances in Me, than in We...Unless your playing CS:S

zapper said:

Right. People will always find a way to do something..including decrypting the HL2 files.

how the hell did you decrypt the files?!

on second thought better not say...

zapper said:
very very doubtfull if you look at the photo avidence and have basic knowledge of photography

America might have gone to the moon, but that doesn't mean the pictures are real. It's very possible they went to the moon, but faked some pictures in a hurry because they didn't want the world to see....THE TRUTH!
Although, Bush is a moron, and he just recently said that America's going to the moon again, but shortly after, it was announced that NASA conveniently lost/misplaced the plans for the ship. It was staged. There's alot of evidence proving it false, and not enough evidence proving it real.
/rant

I thought if you unencrypt the files you broke your agreement with VAVLe or something

While it is technically possible to decript the files, it is still completely, absolutly impossible for purplesea to do it :p

(I dont care how many monkeys with typewriters you have!)

But of course, as a few fail to recognize, even if you did decript the files, you couldn't play HL2, as certain essentials (such as dlls and the main executable) are not present.

You are correct the F|uke!

And also (I dont know if you said this, I am so very tired) you havent preloaded everything yet like Hydra noises etc etc

f|uke said:
While it is technically possible to decript the files, it is still completely, absolutly impossible for purplesea to do it :p

(I dont care how many monkeys with typewriters you have!)

But of course, as a few fail to recognize, even if you did decript the files, you couldn't play HL2, as certain essentials (such as dlls and the main executable) are not present.
This has been said many times before. We do have the main executable. We, however, are missing some files.

Chris_D said:
That's allowed...

They're impossible to decrypt though.

Well, you can use GCFscape to open them, extract them to a folder, and do the same with all of the HL2 files, (inot one big folder), rename that folder to whatever you want, put it in the CSS directery and run it as a 3rd party mod...

Havnt tried that, and I probably wont b/c 1 its illegal and I dont like to do that stuff and 2 it MIGHT not work. The reason I say MIGHT and not IT WONT WORK is that I know that there used to be a bug in steam where you could go to Purchase CZ, enter a used CDKEY, crash steam, and when you load it back up it will start DLing the CZ files. Then you open them w/ GCFscape, extract all the CS Files into a folder, then extract all the CZ files into the same folder, overwriting as neccesary. Then you put that into the HL directery for steam and CZ would show up as a 3rd party mod. Thank god they patched it up pretty quickly. My guess is someone turned them in (;-) )

For those of you wondering how I know all this, lets jsut say I have some very smart friends...or at least they copie off of some smart people. Fortunately their plan was stopped. But Im worried that there might be a way to do the same w/ HL2 if you have CS:S

Of course, youd still have to pay for HL2 b/c the only way to get CSS is w/ HL2. Youd also need ALL the files, which they might not have released yet. Who knows...

I don't think you've quite grasped the concept of 'encrypted'...

just try extracting a random .txt, and see what encryption means

Back