Is this supposed to happen?

itsmygame

Reaction score
I am getting my own version of Halflife 2 (I was using a friends) and when I tried the demo, everything worked fine until the loading screen. It would appear and then it would stay there...So half an hour later I come back and its still trying to load. Below are my specs, I need to know if this is a demo problem or my computer.
Operating System
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Processor
Intel Pentium 4 Processor 530 supporting Hyper Threading (HT) Technology, Operates at 3.0GHz, 1MB L2 Cache and 800MHz FSB
Chipset
Intel 915G
Memory
1024MB DDR (400Mhz), Dual-Channel Memory, Expandable to 4GB
Hard Drive
200GB (7200 rpm, Serial ATA, 8MB Cache)
Video
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 up to 224 MB, DDR Shared Video Memory
Audio
Intel High Definition 6-Channel Audio (5.1)
Optical Drives
DVD+RW, Double-Layer Multiformat, Write Max: 8x DVD+R, 4x DVD+RW, 32x CD-R and 16x CD-RW Disks, Reads 12x max. DVD-ROM Disks Reads 40x max. CD-ROM disks CDROM Drive: 48x max
Media Reader
8-in-1 Digital Media Manager, Secure Digital (SD), Smart Media, Micro Drive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Compact Flash, Multimedia Card, USB 2.0

I like the irony of your name.

But the only "help" I can think of is possibly Zonealarm popping up in the background asking if HL2 can access the internet, and HL2 waiting for your decision before it continues loading... it did that to me.

overall you have a very good computer. The only problem is this:

Video
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 up to 224 MB, DDR Shared Video Memory

onboard video right?

I plan to change the video card to the newest G-Force, but I wanted to know I needed to change before I got the game.

Fluffy Kitten said:
I like the irony of your name.

But the only "help" I can think of is possibly Zonealarm popping up in the background asking if HL2 can access the internet, and HL2 waiting for your decision before it continues loading... it did that to me.
No its not that, it just shows the loading screen, but I don't think it is really loading... :O
I use itsmygame, because I used to play blizzard's games. In fact, I still do... :smoking:

Back