Is this Vid Card any good

forg0tt3n

Reaction score
K I only have a PPCI slot no AGP ;( ( Here come the flames:sniper: )
and i need a new graphics card found this Nvidia FX5200 card tell me if its any good. http://www.bfgtech.com/5200_256.html

Plan to use it on this:

Intel pentium 4 3.6ghz,
1 gig of geil RAM Once had 256mb lol
120gb hard drive
Windows Xp Service pack 2
Asus P4S8L Motherboard with 2 pci slots ( 1 Free )

EDIT: will it run HL2 good.

Odd...sounds like a small formfactor motherboard...but uh, I don't know ANY motherboard that can run a Pentium 4 at 3.6ghz that doesn't have at least 3 PCI slots or 2 PCI and one AGP unless it's a small formfactor box..

k well tell the ****ers that manufacured my motherboard that AGP slots are standard now i got it liek 5 months ago

both of those 5200's are pretty much the same, just diff. manufacters.

wow man, that was a pretty crappy choice in a barebones system for gaming. ALWAYS make sure you have an open AGP or PCIE slot.

If you have money, buy a case/power supply, new motherboard, and video card and transfer the processor, ram, and harddrive over to the new case.

If you don't have money, it looks like either one will do. Buy the cheaper one as they both are not very impressive. The assyulm will be a bit better because its core is a bit faster, but it will be barely noticeable.

If you are lucky you will run HL2 at medium settings...If your not, you will run it at low settings... May I suggest you to change your motherboard?

I cant change my mobo cos my case is a barebone and is only designed to accept that mobo.

forg0tt3n said:
I cant change my mobo cos my case is a barebone and is only designed to accept that mobo.

No, buy a new case and a new motherboard if you have the money. ;)

You know what a Pentium 4 3.6ghz is LGA 775, LGA 775 mobos usually have PCI Express, is that what you meant?

listen to blah blah thats the best thing you can do, and you can find some cheap cases and mobos

Back