It's a trap!

clarky003

Tank
Reaction score
We all know oil companies don't refine crude oil as well as they could, simply because it 'would cost too much' for them and would subsequently filter down into the market and push prices up for the consumer. However, it's clear that if it was refined better it would be cleaner and you would get more miles to the gallon, even though you would have to pay more it may be worth the price.

There has also been emerging technology for DIY filter systems like the GEET processor (which has been proven to double your MPG) and historical recordings of very high fuel efficiency in the media with normal gasoline engines as far back as 1973.

http://www.race-cardrivers.com/Shell Opel.htm

The thing here is to get everyone thinking about fuel efficiency and the fact that we may all have been fooled into thinking we are getting a good deal, when what is actually happening is the oil cartels are actually fixing refinery processing, squandering resources, and pricing accordingly to provide a steady frequent revenue stream instead of developing for the needs of the customer and the eco system at a decent price.

So do you think we are being screwed over?.

i dont believe it gets that mileage, but yes i do think we are getting screwed in the rear

I was very interested in the GEET system last time it showed up here (I think by you then too Clarky), but I could never find where I could get all the resources, and a proper plan.

If Top Gear can get cars to run on human poo, then so can I.

*lePobz takes a dump down his fuel filler pipe*

Yeah, we are deffo getting screwed. I know there isn't a never ending supply of oil but the prices are getting expensive now :(

Almost a ?1 per litre near me. That's around $2 per litre for you Americans, thats about $7.56 per gallon. iirc you only pay about half that dont you? Damn tax.

It's expensive being a driver :(

Yeah, we are deffo getting screwed. I know there isn't a never ending supply of oil but the prices are getting expensive now :(

Almost a ?1 per litre near me. That's around $2 per litre for you Americans, thats about $7.56 per gallon. iirc you only pay about half that dont you? Damn tax.

It's expensive being a driver :(

We're getting screwed by the government more than the oil companies, though. I believe 70% of the cost of petrol is tax. So fuel only really costs about 30p a litre.

I'm sure there is a more cost efficient way for people to mine the oil and give it to the customers...but that means they would have to lose some profit! *GASP* :O

We're getting screwed by the government more than the oil companies, though. I believe 70% of the cost of petrol is tax. So fuel only really costs about 30p a litre.

Yeah, they get something like that. Hence why I said "Damn tax." :p

Its like $2.80 per gallon here. Unfortunately... its been worse.

I'm sure there is a more cost efficient way for people to mine the oil and give it to the customers...but that means they would have to lose some profit! *GASP* :O

Actually no, as we get closer to the bottom of the barrel it will become more and more expensive to extract oil.

clarky003 said:

Have you guys looked into Biodiesel and WVO? THat is neat stuff and CHEAP!!

has anyone tried the ole acetone trick ? . it aids in the evaporation of petrol to allow for more efficient combustion.

Back