It's all about Chi Power...

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rag Doll Kung Fu is released this coming Wednesday over Steam. As you may be aware, this game has been developed by Mark Healey. The game isn't made using the Source Engine, but it is being released entirely over Steam.[br]As usual, Halflife2.net has gotten access to a special review copy of the game and a review is being written as we speak, but I thought it'd be nice to give you some shots of the game to tide you over.[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]Believe me when I say this, the screenshots won't do the game justice. It's a very original game which requires you to actually play the game before you can fully understand what it's about. I've played it myself and the game really can't be compared to any other that's been released in the past, and unfortunately it is rather short, but certainly worth playing nonetheless.[br]Though the main game is quite short, there's plenty of secrets to unlock, so if you're the kind of person that loves playing a game until it's entire completion then you'll get even more gameplay for your money in this one.[br]As you might be able to guess from some of the screenshots, there is quite a lot of tongue-in-cheek humour in the game which often had me laughing out loud.[br]The full review of the game will be with you before Wednesday to aid you in your final decision, but if you've seen enough already to fancy buying it, then you can do so for a discounted price over Steam right now, for $12.95 (or about £7.50).[br]For more information on Rag Doll Kung Fu check out the official website or the RDKF fan site.

i am sorry to say but i will not be getting this , i dont like how the graphics look

russ_uk said:
i am sorry to say but i will not be getting this , i dont like how the graphics look

Since when was graphics a defoning factor in one of the most original and downright hilarious games ever to grace the PC?

Can't wait... just wish my computer was well enough to play it. I still haven't played Dod :(

Looks like it could be fun, will wait for demo though.

Reginald said:
Since when was graphics a defoning factor in one of the most original and downright hilarious games ever to grace the PC?

Can't wait... just wish my computer was well enough to play it. I still haven't played Dod :(
You don't need a demanding system. Those screenshots were taken with a P4 2.66GHz, 768MB RAM and an nVidia GeForce 4 ti4200 graphics card :D

I must add, it's definitely not a game for every body, but I had fun playing it :)

1st Prediction: this will be free in a fortnights time.

2nd Prediction: They will be paying us to play it in a months time.

Hehe sorry, not for me.

My prediction? Sleeper hit of 2005.

Although I am wondering about "Shit him" in the last screenshot.

Geogriffith said:
My prediction? Sleeper hit of 2005.

Although I am wondering about "Shit him" in the last screenshot.
There's lots of phrases like that throughout the game. Including at one point where a character gets really annoyed he screams "Six Stella and kebab style!".

nal777 said:
oh, sorry. i thought this was a half-life 2 website
It may have escaped your attention but we also post news on all things to do with Valve, Steam and the Source engine.

Chris_D said:
There's lots of phrases like that throughout the game. Including at one point where a character gets really annoyed he screams "Six Stella and kebab style!".
Dear god, why on earth? What did you think of those noises Chris? My intial thought would be to kick the power lead out the wall to my computer to save myself.

You don't actually hear someone say it... it's all captions really. I found most of the captions amusing.

Chris_D said:
You don't actually hear someone say it... it's all captions really. I found most of the captions amusing.
I find all this quite amusing too. So the game doesn't have any voices, its all subtitles, do you get any 'ouch' noises from the combat, or is the entire game silent?

It seems kind of complicated, as in you have to click and drag the leg to kick. Doesn't seem to leave much time for fighting. I'll wait until the review to see how the mechanics work. Then I'll decide if it's worth getting.

So Chris, in the end if you could only get One game which would it be?
Rag Doll Kong Fu? or A Sin Episode?

WritingARequiem said:
It seems kind of complicated, as in you have to click and drag the leg to kick. Doesn't seem to leave much time for fighting. I'll wait until the review to see how the mechanics work. Then I'll decide if it's worth getting.
It's all a lot easier than it sounds. To move you can just click and drag by their arm. To fight, you just need to right click the relevant limb you want to attack with, aim and let go.

Ermac said:
So Chris, in the end if you could only get One game which would it be?
Rag Doll Kong Fu? or A Sin Episode?
If I'm honest, then a SiN Episode. But I'm a SiN fan boy so... a bit biassed there :p That's like asking the same question to the guy that runs rdkf.net... I'm pretty sure he'd say RDKF :p

Hectic Glenn said:
I find all this quite amusing too. So the game doesn't have any voices, its all subtitles, do you get any 'ouch' noises from the combat, or is the entire game silent?
Yes, the entire game is silent :rolleyes:

Of course it isn't. There's no speech, but there's plenty of sound effects. At least try the demo mate. I'm not saying you'll like it, but it's worth trying something original.

^Ben said:
You also get alot of whine with that cheese.
Was that directed at me? Because I don't think I was whining. Sorry If the post wasn't directed towards me, or if it was, sorry for "whining"

WritingARequiem said:
Was that directed at me? Because I don't think I was whining. Sorry If the post wasn't directed towards me, or if it was, sorry for "whining"
I think we can safely say it was directed at Glenn.

Chris_D said:

so you think this is a good thing for young kid's to see in games ? :p

I havent even played the game yet and im already sick of seeing it. BEGONE!

So it's like a platformer type of thing in that there's an actual game with levels? What about simply sparring against AI opponents? That's what I was looking forward to, and I will be a little disappointed if something like that isn't in the game.

Looks interesting, I bought it. Can't wait.

I just love it when people who base their opinions of a game by it's graphics... I mean, a game MUST suck if it's graphics are not as good as others. Just the same as how a book can't be good unless it's cover is colorful and fancy.

Not that these intellectuals read books or anything.

Oh, and those who make statements such as "It will be free in a fortnight" are also awesome people. Great support for the gaming industry there. Great optimism and speaks loudly of your stance on pirating issues.

Spoiled brats, I'd say?

spect3r said:

I just love it when people who base their opinions of a game by it's graphics... I mean, a game MUST suck if it's graphics are not as good as others. Just the same as how a book can't be good unless it's cover is colorful and fancy.

Oh, and those who make statements such as "It will be free in a fortnight" are also awesome people. Great support for the gaming industry there. Great optimism and speaks loudly of your stance on pirating issues.

Spoiled brats, I'd say?

My sarcasm meter broke with that one.

It looks like it may turn into a arcade kind of game. What I mean by that is, it seems like it will be a competition of the hardcore, to see who has mastered the game. We'll probably be seeing some hardcore video of some crazy moves soon.

As to whether or not im going to get it... probably not. Doesnt look my style, but well... Ive never played a game like this. I must agree that a demo would help to end this confusion.

spect3r said:

Spoiled brats, I'd say?
You're mostly right, but I'm not going to buy a game to "support the industry", but instead to "play the game." Sure, supporting an industry you love is good, but the video game industry is based on good gaming.

Chris_D said:
It may have escaped your attention but we also post news on all things to do with Valve, Steam and the Source engine.

When is the site moving to the new valvesteamsource.net domain?

I registered just to say that this game looks crappy (I'm not refering to graphics, A-holes). ESPECIALLY if it's "quite short" as you say it is. And how are they supposed to sell a game that is a new concept and is a "game which requires you to actually play the game before you can fully understand what it's about" who would want that? Seems like a HUGE waste of 13 dollars. A demo would definatly help sales so people can "fully understand" what the hell this game even is. P.S. +1 on the "when is the site moving to valvesteamsource.net domain".... What about the "We are Half-life 2" thing on the top? You should probably update it to "We are Steam"

chupacabrachus said:
I registered just to say that this game looks crappy (I'm not refering to graphics, A-holes). ESPECIALLY if it's "quite short" as you say it is. And how are they supposed to sell a game that is a new concept and is a "game which requires you to actually play the game before you can fully understand what it's about" who would want that? Seems like a HUGE waste of 13 dollars. A demo would definatly help sales so people can "fully understand" what the hell this game even is. P.S. +1 on the "when is the site moving to valvesteamsource.net domain".... What about the "We are Half-life 2" thing on the top? You should probably update it to "We are Steam"

It's only $13, You're not throwing away your lifesavings... or maybe you are.
Stop whining, You haven't even played it. :dozey:

If nothing else this game proves that Steam is a good way to get a game that would otherwise never sell much released to a large number of users, with a decent amount of hype.

russ_uk said:

Reginald said:

Maybe it was since some guy typed "i will not be getting this , i dont like how the graphics look". Maybe graphics are important to him. They are for me too, but this game doesn't seem to have that as one of its priorities. If it's funny and FUN, I might buy it. Possibly.

chupacabrachus said:
People are misunderstanding what I'm saying... some people will look at the media and screenshots so far and think "Yep, that looks fun, I want to play it". If that hasn't happened for you then wait for the demo to come out and play the demo. You'll then be able to make an accurate decision on whether or not the game is for you instead of "juding a book by its cover".

What our site subtitle is, doesn't matter. We're primarily a Half-Life 2 site, but we also cover news on everything surrounding it including Valve, Steam and the Source engine.

Ok, so we're now not allowed to slate mods that arnt original in the slightest without being flamed. But when an awesomly original game comes along with real potential it gets fingerbanged. Honestly, you guys need to grow up. Did anyone ever play commander keen? crap gfx, best gameplay. You kiddies have it too good with your source engine and unreal3.0. Lets be a little open minded shall we?

Preordered it, can't wait to play it. Me loves them ragdolls. Also, I actually like games that don't have advanced graphics and such, reminds me of a much better time in gaming.

Back