I've been DDOS Attacked?

OmegaX

Tank
Reaction score
Well today i was running a Garry's Mod co-op server and someone named Tom joins. The server starts lagging so i figured i have the max players to high and i kick him. He comes back again so i just ban him. Then he rejoins with the name iwillDDOSj00. A few seconds after this the game locks up and im forced to close it through the task manager. I shut off my router for a bit to change my ip just incase i was being attacked. Then i go back and run another server for garrys mod and the game locks up again after a few seconds of play. So i shut down the game and open up some program that i have that monitors ip and it shows an ip [69.28.191.84]coming through port 2014 constantly gaining access. That ip is very similar to the ip he was using when he joined my game. Now eveytime i open steam that same ip is shows up in my monitoring program, and i've been unable to run a server since. What should i do?

You do have a firewall, right?

For now, if you have a firewall block port 2014 as I don't think it's used for anything. Also, increase the security settings on your firewall. If he keeps getting access, you need to stop him before he does something really bad.

Yeah, what chris said. If you're using a router, just close that port. you should be fine.

wait, its actually port 27014. I think that's used when I host a Half-Life 2 server. So i guess thats means i won't be able to host a server anymore if i block that port. Man, that sucks.

Dude give me his SteamID so I can ban his ass. Also, report him to the proper Steam authorities. They'll do an auto-smackdown-update.

Back