John Carmack, Armidillos, and space

Reaction score
Well isnt john carmack just super cool!

yeah well gabe owns the world!

and he's been to space!

and he has a valve flag on the moon!

Yeah, Gabe was into that too but he gave up after finding out that only NASA and RKA had rockets powerful enough to lift him into space.

That is exacty the reason why John is my ideal person. I'm studying to be an aeronautical engineer, and gaming is a hobby. :)

He's okay, kudos for doom, I just cant... stand him.

I cant stand listening to his voice and those weird noises he makes in between comments... they make me so frustrated... i just wanna.. k;lafg j cut off my face when he talks

nothing personal to him though

Same here, and mine aren't even aligned properly in my mouth, woot.

maybe with all the money that DOOM 3 makes he'll be able to afford a dentist

Originally posted by MrWhite
maybe with all the money that DOOM 3 makes he'll be able to afford a dentist
To him a Ferrari comes before health.

I wonder if any of the monsters in DOOM3 are designed after Carmack.

They should design the lost souls (I think thats what they are called... the flaming heads that somehow hover) after Carmack.

Originally posted by Dux
/me smashes MrWhite in the teeth with a Hammer.

Not anymore.

/me takes hammer for souvenir

phweet i get da hammer bhat smaphed my peef in

july4th_1.jpg

lol I think they should update their cartoon.

Originally posted by SidewinderX143
That is exacty the reason why John is my ideal person. I'm studying to be an aeronautical engineer, and gaming is a hobby. :)
agreed. gaming and space exploration are two of my interests, and Carmack is helping out with both.

Originally posted by synth
agreed. gaming and space exploration are two of my interests, and Carmack is helping out with both.

gaming and eating junk food is two of my interests, so Gabe is the ideal person. :)

That whole X-Prize thing sounds like it could be highly dangerous and potentially tragic.
For $10m stupid people act even stupider.
In this case you can substitute that "stupider" with adventurous, daring and/or dead.
Surely it's gotta be a little illegal?

Originally posted by el Chi
That whole X-Prize thing sounds like it could be highly dangerous and potentially tragic.
For $10m stupid people act even stupider.
In this case you can substitute that "stupider" with adventurous, daring and/or dead.
Surely it's gotta be a little illegal?

It's only illegal if the rocket has a guidance system. Then it's considerred a missile.

Its not illegal at all, as for the danger part the whole purpose of this is to make space travel safer and cheaper. This kind of thing happened way back when airplanes were becoming popular, these kind of competetions are credited with making flight a standard way of travel. There were probably many accidents and people saying that it was dangerous but look at how far weve come now.

But surely - it is actively encouraging people to embark on dangerous endeavours for money. It just seems that with all the precision that's needed for space-travel, you're going to end up with some really dead stupid people who thought they'd have a crack or people who simply mis-calculated...
All I can say is that it's going to provide The Darwin Awards with some wondeful material.

Back