Joint Ops causes PC lockup - suspect RAM

Andy

Reaction score
Wondered if anyone had encountered this. Running Joint Ops at 800x600 medium-low detail on:

AMD 1300
1 gig ram PC3200
KV7 mobo
3d Blaster Geforce 5600

originally I have 512 Ram and the computer would lock up if something happened on the screen. Added another 512 get a great frame rate but now every 10-15 mins or so the game will simply lock the computer up. Requires a reset to unlock.

Feels like the ram is filling up and then simply stopping working, but I don't know if that can even happen.

I know the specs are pretty crap but I would expect to beable to play with a crap frame rate indefinately, not an amazing one for 10 mins at a time.

Oh, and before you ask, tried Free RAM optimizer (=vapourware) also have all the latest drivers and service pack 2, tried reinstalling the game several times. (Damn you tech support)

Comments? Tips? Advise?

Answers?

All help greatly appreciated...

NO i never get that problem very strange. :naughty:

Sounds like an overheating issue.

I would say that the CPU is causing the lockups. The game needs atleast 1.2ghz or athlon 1200 and you only running a 1300.

problem solved.

(it wasn't just a joint ops prob btw, farcry didn't wrok either). :E

one of the ram slots on the mother board is f*cked. So it didn't matter that I was trying different or more ram, the faulty one was messing it up. Simply took the ram out of slot 1 and the other two worked fine.

EDIT: just in case anyone actually cared btw.. :|

Back