Juddering (but it's only me)

S

SpooK-

Firstly, my specs:

P4 3.2Ghz
1024MB DDR Ram
GeForce 6800 GT

Half-Life 2 runs perfectly on 1024*768 with all the highest settings, but I have a problem when it comes to CS: Source...

... on all servers it appears as though I am lagging - every second or so I warp a tiny bit or get delayed. However, my FPS is 80ish solid and my ping is low. My rates are 101 101 25k (UK 700k connection).

I have the latest nVidia drivers: 66.93

I have given as much information as possible ... thanks in advance :)

*Update* Sorry, I forgot to mention that I DON'T judder when i'm viewing other players OR when I host a game myself ... the plot thickens :/

same here....
no resolution found yet. different visual settings....no effect.

got a geforce 4 ti 4600 though

im getting exactly the same problem, i feel like someones pulling me back when im running around, screen becomes a bit glitchy like im warping, is there a command that can fix this. come on u experioanced source peeps do you have an answer.

hmm got the same problem :S just want it to run good, every runs good, only when i walk
and that just ruins everything, mailed valve about, with the report bug button, still waiting for reply mail

Guys ive found somthing that helps me out and fixes this problem by about 90%. you need to bring the concole down and type cl_smooth 0

try it, u will notice differences straight away. :thumbs:

[12K]Uber-Police said:
Guys ive found somthing that helps me out and fixes this problem by about 90%. you need to bring the concole down and type cl_smooth 0

try it, u will notice differences straight away. :thumbs:

I have same problem as everyone else and ..NO that does not help even 1%.
I thin its a matter of good RAM or not so good RAM. And im thinging source enging runs like these cause its loaded textures on your card still and prossesing everything. 1 gb of RAM might slow it down a bit, but i guess we have to wait on what Valve does about this.

Oh .. and it does it for hl2 for me too. I have to load the map then go do something for ten minutes and come back to play.

And this is the problem that made me stop playing CSS completely, because by the time my computer stops this the map changes :(

its actualy a 6800gt glitch with alot of games. It happens with far cry and some others games as well right.

Any who disable fast write, side band addressing, and make sure its set to 8x agp and 256 aperature. Dl riva tuner and go to blitting under d3d options

always wait after blit

and enable wait after blit when ddblt_wait flag is specified

you will take a serouse performance hit but it will stop that stuttering

yeah just disable fast write (under advanced display options)

gh0st said:
yeah just disable fast write (under advanced display options)

yeah i disable it and restarted comp. Still does jiddering crap on CSS HL2 and doom 3 ARGHHH !!!

Hish said:
CL_SMOOTH 0 HELPS FOR ME :D :cheers:

Nope ive tried that so many times it not even funny :(

i dont think this problem will ever be solved
:bonce:

Well cl_smooth "0" has helped a lot of guys. It has helped me too.

Back