Jump Puzzles no more?

mrxskinny

Reaction score
In HL1 and Opposing Force, there are a lot of so-called "jumping puzzles" that one can only imagine is set by the G-Man in order to test Gordon Freeman and Corporal Shepherd how they react in the face of adversity. Since what I call the "testing phase" for Freeman and Shepherd is over, do you think we'll see more of the jump puzzles in HL2? I personally don't think so. I think there will be more firefighting and gunplay than jumping on boxes to reach a certain vent, or taking those Zen trampolines to reach the next platform.

mrxskinny said:
In HL1 and Opposing Force, there are a lot of so-called "jumping puzzles" that one can only imagine is set by the G-Man in order to test Gordon Freeman and Corporal Shepherd how they react in the face of adversity. Since what I call the "testing phase" for Freeman and Shepherd is over, do you think we'll see more of the jump puzzles in HL2? I personally don't think so. I think there will be more firefighting and gunplay than jumping on boxes to reach a certain vent, or taking those Zen trampolines to reach the next platform.

Off course you could jump from one building roof to another :D

mrxskinny said:

Or maybe it was just lazy level design to make the game seem longer? :p

im not sure why, but i liked the jumping puzzles. sure, they were stupid, but i enjoyed them for some reason. i really wouldnt care if they didnt include them in HL2 though

Jump puzzels with real-life physics, you wouldnt get too far :) (i wouldnt anyway :p)
I wonder if they kept the Long Jump Module...

Ya, they removed the boring jump puzzles, and added fun ones with physics! Dont blow up your boxes children!

well ya' know, theres always the kill joys that use sv_gravity 10 lol.....

DavE0r said:
well ya' know, theres always the kill joys that use sv_gravity 10 lol.....

Haha, I would use sv_gravity 400 and sv_airaccelerate -10. Talk about moving fast! :bounce:

Jumping puzzles belong on the Super Nintendo, and that's it. :p

Back