Just Got 9800 pro 128mg.. EXTREMLY IMPRESSED!

Max_Payne

Spy
Reaction score
Well guys and gals.. after a long hard battle to find the 9800 pro wit 256... i said **** it and bought the 128mg. I would have to say it is one of the most under-rated cards out their. Now-a-days all u hear about are x series graphics cards, but teh 9800 pro is still amazing.

Take this for example , before the 9800, i owned a sapphire 256mg 9600 pro. I could run doom three with 640x800 resolution , with all the specail effects turned off. and the grpahics set at medium. Basically it looked exactly like AVP2 lol. But jeezuz christ i ran doom 3 again wit the 9800 pro.. and woo boy i can run it on 1024x628 with all the special effects on, plus the graphics setting on high. It made the game that more fun to play! lol

So in total.. if i can suggest any card for your computer... the one , to get the most bang for your buck... go out and get the 9800 pro. it is worth it. if anybody has had exprience's like me please let me know!

PEACE

Mike :p

:D

Hopefully, I'll have one soon :D

Upgrading from my peice of junk geforce 4 mx440.

Btw, which one did you get?

like you i ahd a change, but mine was a little bigger..i went from a 9100, all the way to this playing doom 3 and i was quite happy, runs great and is cheap....

p.s congratulations!

thnxs guys.. it truely rocks! lol i got the 9800 pro 128mg. works perfectly for doom3 adn other games. dont listen to what those other x series fanatics say.

PEACE

Mike :p

do you have a link to the one you got?

I'm waiting for this one to come into stock.

Hazar said:

Haha, I used to have an mx440 too, and upgraded from that to a 9800 pro 256... BIG difference!

you shouldnt really bother with the 256mb version is the extra 128mb only adds maybe 1 - 2 FPS for a much more substantial outlay.

It's not under rated, it was the best card out when it came out.

These days well its older, so its no longer the best, doesn't mean it was under rated.

6800 vanilla owns 9800 pro in the ass (I had to say it)
other than that its a great card :D

Hazar said:

Haha, I have that card now. It's painful.

Expecting my 9800pro 128mb in the post any day now :)

hey all of you 9800 pro guys! I just got th eexact same card for my system. I need some good advice on what drivers to get though. The manual says to update my chipset drivers before installing the ATI ones, so I did all this crap trying to figure out my chipset and it's confusing. I have a cheap Emachines computer, model is T2341. It has an AMD athlon XP 2400+ processor. the computer says the chipset is a VIA KT266/A or something like that. So I have gone to all three sites and can't decide which has the correct drivers. Should I go to AMD, Emachines, or VIAs site? I don't want to ruin my system one day before HL2 releases! HELP! :(

i guess no ones going to offer help :( I hope I don't fry my system when I choose the WRONG drivers!!!

lotusboy101 said:
i guess no ones going to offer help :( I hope I don't fry my system when I choose the WRONG drivers!!!
Just make sure your windows update has all the updated drivers. There is nothing spectacularly new for your board that you need to update. ;)

Although if you still want to update and you have Windows XP, download these.
Source

Asus said:
Just make sure your windows update has all the updated drivers. There is nothing spectacularly new for your board that you need to update. ;)

Although if you still want to update and you have Windows XP, download these.
Source

Thank you very much! I have been stressed about drivers all night (early a.m. actually) and after what you just said I realize I don't have to install any. I'm good to go! yay! So now I just need to install the 9800 pro and then reboot. Once I reboot should I use the Catalyst CD that came with the card or get the drivers from ATI.com??? thanks again

Im gonna order a 6800 Nvidia as soon as i get paid on the 26th :cheers: :cheers: beats the hell out of 9800 & pro :D

does any1 know how well the 9800pro 128mb fairs with cs:source

I have 2.6ghz, 512ddr ram.

Back