Just read the PCG review

h00dlum

Reaction score
This game really is the next Messiah of gaming! I cant wait! And the score is not disapointing either. This was really worth the wait!

PCG "Messianic"

edit: if its against the forum rules to talk about this plz close this!

Ahhhhh description please! Give us a detailed description of what they said! :D

EDIT: You can describe what they talk about and give a few quotes from the article, you just can't post the whole article or display screenshots of it.

PCG UK? or US?

We already know the UK's score.

Tell us the US one's, if you know.

They really not say anything negative at all. Just a minor thing about the flashlight.

The Mullinator said:
Ahhhhh description please! Give us a detailed description of what they said! :D

EDIT: You can describe what they talk about and give a few quotes from the article, you just can't post the whole article or display screenshots of it.

Well ok then..he dosent reveal very much of the game itself its more like a 8 page bonanza about how good this game is. I suggest you wait til you can trad it yourself but i can say that this game is good. The reviewer was almost to tears in some parts of the game.

"Sell your grandmother, remorgage your cat, do whatever you have to do. Just dont miss out!!!"

you can ask me questions but im not sure i will have all the answers!

Scans are on the internet, for those who want to read it. Posting the link seems to be banned here.

Basically, the game is going to be incredible. He almost pissed his pants. It's going to be amazing.

The guy doing the review Jim Rossignol wanted to do a paragraph about CS:S but he ran out of space, and he says he simply wants to go back and play it over and over again :LOL:

The game basically said, the single player is a near flawless mastepiece which currently no game can touch. And for people disapointed with CS:S as the multiplayer the single player experience " clearly shows with what ease the community will be able to verate mods and what freedom will the creators have. The future will probably bring a lot of upgrades and total conversions, but the player will enjoy the original for years."

Ugh more and more hype. I cant stand this i need the game NOOOOWWWW!

CB | Para said:
The guy doing the review Jim Rossignol wanted to do a paragraph about CS:S but he ran out of space, and he says he simply wants to go back and play it over and over again :LOL:

i guess that desire alone gives an understanding that any review couldn't :p
the next messiah eh?.. hehe :afro:

edit:

MaxiKana said:
Where can I sell my grandmother?

on ebay? :E

Hmm, sounds like a pretty sweet review. I'll have to wait next week until it hit store shelves. Only subscribers get it this week correct?

Goombatommy said:
Hmm, sounds like a pretty sweet review. I'll have to wait next week until it hit store shelves. Only subscribers get it this week correct?

Well...*cough*...yes...

yeah the review is nice...and it's available everywhere :E

Just read the review, awesome.

'Even dying becomes a pleasure - you want to see these beasts smash through walls and butcher the rebels, again and again. Oh Christ, what will happen next.

Dr. Freeman said:
on ebay? :E

Haha :D That would be awesome!

"Gamer selling his grandmother on ebay to afford purchase of HL2 gold edition via Valve's Steam game delivery system and a new top-of-the line gaming computer."

Very nice review... GOTY without a doubt.

so we're still talking about the PCG UK, not the US version...?

Scaramanga said:
One thing they don't say is,
Why 96 and not 100?

Because PC Gamer never give a review over 96%. In fact, this is only the fourth game they've given 96%.

Scaramanga said:
One thing they don't say is,
Why 96 and not 100?

If they put it as 100 that would mean that it can never be a better game than this.

The_Monkey said:
If they put it as 100 that would mean that it can never be a better game than this.

Not quite, standards change over time ;)

And Someone, glad to see you finally chose an avatar :LOL:

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER !!!!

hype before review = 20%, maybe even less

hype after review = 110%!!! :D:D:D

I seriously cant wait anymore

Damn review, I wanna blow up a barrel now! :D

don't be so excited, remember how they hyped doom 3

anyway I'm a bit dissapointed because the game is about 19/20 hours loong but looking at the mappack from the leak, it could have been much longer

rrm said:
don't be so excited, remember how they hyped doom 3

anyway I'm a bit dissapointed because the game is about 19/20 hours loong but looking at the mappack from the leak, it could have been much longer

Then the question you have to ask yourself is this: would you rather have 20 to 25 hours (which is what you'd have if you played the game without rushing to meet a publishing deadline like the reviewers and took your time to explore/try new things) of pure quality or 35 to 40 hours of mediocrity punctuated by periods of brilliance.

I'd much rather have the former than the latter.

PC Gamer UK's impression of Half-Life 2 can be summed up in one word: Flawless.

rrm said:
The "leak" probably contained a lot of fat that has since been trimmed. It's all part of the game development process. You discard those things that aren't working and improve the things that are.

It's also probably a matter of how you play the game. If a magazine reviewer, an experienced gamer playing under the pressure of a deadline, still required 20 hours to complete the game then imagine how much play time a casual gamer could get out of it.

Mountain Man said:
The "leak" probably contained a lot of fat that has since been trimmed. It's all part of the game development process. You discard those things that aren't working and improve the things that are.

It's also probably a matter of how you play the game. If a magazine reviewer, an experienced gamer playing under the pressure of a deadline, still required 20 hours to complete the game then imagine how much play time a casual gamer could get out of it.

My thoughts exactly :cheers:

Has anyone posted the full review on the forums? I haven't had a chance to read it.

Not asking for a scan, just wondering if someone retyped it so we could all read it.

Back