Killswitch Engage

They're pretty good, but they're one of those bands I can't listen to for too long without them getting grating, like Lamb of God. Too much heavy.

Don't think they're Aussie. From memory, they're originally out of Texas or something.

They do an AWESOME cover of Dio's Holy Diver. Check it out if you like either band. :thumbs:

They do an AWESOME cover of Dio's Holy Diver. Check it out if you like either band. :thumbs:

That's a horrible cover from an okay nu-metal band.
Mind you, it's still very listenable but it's one of the crappier covers I've heard.

They're a pretty awesome band, but the screaming "GWAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" gets old. But yeah, they're pretty awesome, and made a very nice holy diver cover :)

Don't they only have one album?

I have only heard about 4 songs, and I liked them all. The first two from their album I liked best.

Personally, I like the growling/screaming. I don't know if I've heard a band do it better, and having a black singer gives it some ****ing soul. He sounds like he's been singing for his whole life, etc.

I also like Sevendust for that reason.

Both are really good, and both have a good voice. They sound just a little bit out of place in metal bands though, (kinda like a white or non-black rapper) but it's all good.

Completely seconded!!! LOVE that cover, definitely do it justice imo. I heard the cover on Kerrang's High Voltage CD that came free with an issue of the magazine.

Don't they only have one album?

I have only heard about 4 songs, and I liked them all. The first two from their album I liked best.

Personally, I like the growling/screaming. I don't know if I've heard a band do it better, and having a black singer gives it some ****ing soul. He sounds like he's been singing for his whole life, etc.

I also like Sevendust for that reason.

Both are really good, and both have a good voice. They sound just a little bit out of place in metal bands though, (kinda like a white or non-black rapper) but it's all good.
They have two or three albums now, I forget. The first album was a different vocalist though, white guy... who sounds identical to the black guy. :p

Check these out -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBXaGlfa6XM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRWR6JwpIkU

Back