Killzone: Liberation UMD demo!

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
When I got my PSP I registered for the, "Playstation Underground". Once in a while I would get some nifty game ads with the fancy, shiny paper, etc. Then a few months ago I got a game demo on a UMD. It was for some crappy European cop game and gave it to a friend. Well anyways I opened up my mailbox today and found a Killzone: Liberation demo UMD! What I can tell you is the graphics are very nice and bodies fall about with physics. You control your character with the analog nub which was frustrating. I suppose in the final version you can change the settings though. Gameplay was fun (especially if its a fun, free, game :smoking: ) I didn't like the 45 degree camera angle though. Crates turn semi-translucent when next to them but it feels like playing Sonic 3D which I hated. Anybody want any pics, questions?

Pics would be great, along with a brief synopsis of how the gameplay holds up after a few hours. Very cool that you got this as a surprise in the mail! I love stuff like that!

I'm gonna have to go to college in a few minutes so the pics will have to wait. I'm going to take pics of the package and UMD disc. I'm also gonna try and take a video of the screen while playing, but I don't know how well the quality will turn out. :angel: The mission started out on the basic controls, etc. Then you meet your first enemy and you duck behind cover using the R shoulder button. You stand up quick and fire a few bullets at enemies using the square button. Also you are more accurate when crouched and a laser beam comes out of the sight. If you hold the L shoulder button while near a gas tank you can blow up an enemy and his dead body falls down with physics. Later on in the demo you get gernades aswell. You press the O button and a arc path comes out and is kinda hard to aim because of the camera angle. Just press the O button again and you chuck a gernade out. Then you get a crossbow with explodable arrows.

And for the final boss there is an enemy with a heat seeking rocket launcher. If one comes at you you can double tap the triangle key and you will roll on the ground. Enemy A.I. was good but not crazy good, but thats expected from a handheld. Also the game has more weapons that are locked but I didn't find yet how to unlock them. But I suppose you can use them in multiplayer which is provided in the free demo. Yes there is multiplayer on the UMD. :O

Interesting. Looking out for this one...in need of a new PSP game..

I've seen videos of players having squad members (Rico) and giving orders to them, are there any of these moments in the demo or is it just lone wolf?

I've seen videos of players having squad members (Rico) and giving orders to them, are there any of these moments in the demo or is it just lone wolf?
Its just lone wolf for single player. But I would imagine you work with a partner in multiplayer (which I have not yet tried). I managed to get some media up though: http://www.filefactory.com/file/203e9e/
Tell me if you want more or any info and I will try and answer it! :thumbs:

Thanks for the answers, appreciate it. :)

Great videos btw, menu looks nifty and the loading times seems rather quick. Looks great, just a bit worried with the controls, thank god it wasn't a first person shooter though. :)

If you try the multiplayer please tell how it is.

Back