Kilmore Colony Update

Reaction score
The Kilmore Colony team have released a bunch of new screenshots of their sci-fi mod today, mostly detailing the front entrance of the colony that the game is set in.[br]

[br]For more information, visit their website and moddb profile.

looks like... hl1... and sounds suspiciously too much like AVP

This deserves front page news? o_O, I know the updates have been slow in coming...but ugh, this is nasty :<

This ain't news.

When Xenos is announced and we give you bunches of media, a brand new website, etc... that'll be news.

Sometimes it's better to not release any media until you got something worty releasing.

Pesmerga said:
This deserves front page news? o_O, I know the updates have been slow in coming...but ugh, this is nasty :<

If I didn't post it, Chris would probably slap me silly and call us all lazy. :p

Looks like a bunch of first maps ever made...

KagePrototype said:
If I didn't post it, Chris would probably slap me silly and call us all lazy. :p

That is where I take my chances and don't post the news :p

Come on ...you guys are mean...but ...its ....so true.
they better learn from this here and showing us something that is worth to look on next time.

this is discusting...really, front page worthy? I DONT THINK SO! I would think goldeneye sources new soviet gun model would be better than this....

Wow, I think it looks pretty good, the game is probably going to have a very nice sci-fi atmosphere.

At least somethings being posted, this is better than nothing :p Also, ever stop and think that maybe they need help? Posting their work that needs help is good for them, this way, if one of you negative nanceys have any talent and free time, and you feel like giving these guys a hand, you can, because now you know their out there and they need it :p

I don't know what's worse...those screenshots, or the terrible thread hijacking that some of you guys are trying to do.

"Those pics aren't nearly as good as what my mod does..." blah blah blah... pitiful

CrazyHarij said:
Wow, I think it looks pretty good, the game is probably going to have a very nice sci-fi atmosphere.

ROMG lies.

Unless they include naked purple elf models and give them sex animations, I'm not interested.

But in deference to the rest of the posters, it looks piss poor, like the maps you make when you first start playing around with hammer, not to damn the mod from its outset, but it needs serious improvements before anyone will bother playing it.

Well ...at last we`re telling them the true and what we realy think....instead of lie and talking about how great that looks.

or, we could praise them (by lying) and they'll make more of the same.

i dont know what to say .. maybe it looks terrible but im not sure, i think

They need to map better. Just learn from the mistakes, everyone starts somewhere. Dont bash the guys give them tips on how to get better etc.

Terrible thread hijacking? You are a ****ing moron. Plain and simple. haha

also, thats one hell of a quote

"Those pics aren't nearly as good as what my mod does..." blah blah blah... pitiful"

I don't see where anyone said anything like that. When Ennui mentioned Xenos mod that was hardly thread hijacking. Don't exagerate, there was no need for you to post if this is all you had to say. Shut the **** up please :) And acting like an asshole towards mods that need help doesn't make you look cool.

It's really quite simple--there are (at first and least) two things wrong.

1. The use of all these stock models and textures...and

2. The fact that all three pictures show us the same thing, really...the same ambience--they're all the same!

Now, unless that's all you have, something else should be shown, and if that is all you have, you just shouldn't release media period, lol.

Hope that helps. :)

Intamin said:
It's really quite simple--there are (at first and least) two things wrong.

1. The use of all these stock models and textures

The supplied textures are more than adequate to produce stunning work. Except in this case.

SixThree said:
The supplied textures are more than adequate to produce stunning work. Except in this case.

:LOL:

It's simlpy 20-30 brushes, I see no model work, a lack of a 3d skybox, boring lighting, no real point.

Insane said:
Sometimes it's better to not release any media until you got something worty releasing.

Which is why there's been no news from my mod.

On another tangent, Ennui's mod is going to be so AWESOME and EXTREME that it'll probably bust straight through your computer monitor and rip your face off! THAT'S why he can hijack a thread with his thoughts!

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
Which is why there's been no news from my mod.

On another tangent, Ennui's mod is going to be so AWESOME and EXTREME that it'll probably bust straight through your computer monitor and rip your face off! THAT'S why he can hijack a thread with his thoughts!

-Angry Lawyer
Offtopic for a moment: How is your mod doing? Is it going to be released soon?

I heard you had something playable :)

It's playable(ish), I just need to iron out certain things before I start picking people to test it. The maps are a little ugly, and the research system isn't implemented, and I haven't quite figured out how to get little rings to appear underneath seleced units, but you can control your units around the map with your cursor, and they'll shoot the hell out of the opponents troops. And the rebels get AK47s! I'm aiming at getting a website done soon, and I'll post a video on it when it's ready.

-Angry Lawyer

Pesmerga said:
:LOL:

It's simlpy 20-30 brushes, I see no model work, a lack of a 3d skybox, boring lighting, no real point.

I never said these screens were a prime example... I said that with the supplied textures from Valve, great work can be produced. Take Fortress-Forever for example.

Back