Kleiners lab discussion here

Q

qckbeam

I thought it would be convenient if we had a thread to discuss the new (hacked) video. It is by far the best one yet, so if you have anything to say about it go ahead and post away.

this thread is mostliky to get flamed for no reson at all but anyways.... i loved the light effects and when the strider went though the wall that was cool!

yea it was cool...althought the models are still gayed. (mp5 or whatever model shown for the PDW)

the strider sounds are sweet...and i wanna find the person they used to model and alyx and hump her leg

The attention to detail on the models was amazing. If you look carefully the duct tape on Alyxs clothes actually responds differntly to light than the rest of her. Dr. Kleiners face (although you only see it for a second) doesn't seem to hold the amount of detail that G-Man and Alyx have, but then again you only get a quick look. I don't see why the thread would get flames, it's a place to voice your feelings on the new video.

ahh with the better sound and lack of a crowd...i never heard dr kleiner say "this should only take a moment" right b4 the strider crashed through.

guyz lets start to spot little details like that, we might just survive untill tommorow

Oh yeah, does anyone have any idea why Valve decided not to enable AA? I mean 2x AA wouldn't hurt your framerate to much and would really improve the overall image quality.

I love this vid that one room is going to be so much fun to play around with. I honestly don't think i will even play the story i will spend all my time playing with the environment.

qckveam: only said that becouse people get mad at topics latly for anything they can get on you... i like this topic...

Little details are the things that really bring you into the game. What reflection on the floor Mr. Reak?

yay im the only one who cant hack it cause i just cant hack.....!yay

there is lack of bumpmap on Alyx's clother though. Also notice there is a MP5 lying on the foor just before gordon knocks down the monitor.

Originally posted by qckbeam
Little details are the things that really bring you into the game. What reflection on the floor Mr. Reak?

After you kick that computer down and turn to Alyx again, watch the floor when camera starts to zoom in.

the orange goo/water in the tanks looked awesome too...so realistic. i never noticed the duct tape until you mentioned it...its on her right shoulder.

reflections on floor? where?

i'm going to get the manipulator and throw alyx at the strider first chance i get.

is it me or is there a glitch in dr kleiner when he turns to first type?

Oh yeah, those reflections are perfect, never saw them before. And there is some sort of glitch when Dr. Kleiner turns to type. He sort of jerks a little before he starts, this is because it's changing to a different animation I think.

peks yeah i saw that.... its going to be fun throwing him at the strider too.

what kleiner video? how did you guys get it to work? yelp

the orange liquid looks sweet as hell.. can anyone see what's in the room behind the table that you knock the monitor off of? maybe you can't tell from the video.. but check it out.. atm all i can see is like a pool of some sorts.

The information about the video is all over the boards, you can't miss it.

well since i am an idiot looks like ill have to wait for my bro to haxor it for me.........when he gets back which should be ` 1 pm

I noticed Alyx ( hot ) hands him an MP5 K ...yet it turns into a PDW... interesting.

Strider is the best part. Did you hear those weirdo mechanical noises as they come closer? I can't even describe how cool that was. :cheese:

I still can't believe how detailed the models are. Dr. Kleiner has a pen in his pocket. And Alyx even has custom textures for her necklase .. Yeah Kleiner is not as detailed as the G-Man (his tie is 2-d), but his face still looks awesome (and awefully like my former physics teacher .. LOL)

I was going to write a post about how the videos are killing the "mistique" of half life 2 cause they have very shitty frame rate and dont have AA but after seeing this one, ive never seen so much details in a character before. THe fluid in the tank is amazing too. I think the reason they didnt put AA on is because when you record a video it affects frame rate a lot. It might not even be "fluid motion " if AA was there. I dont think a 9800 would have problem playing those scenes at 60 fps normally like it did at the e3 when it looked a lot less to stutter.

this video really got me waiting more while the docks one really sucked and should have never been released and those green spots were very half life 1.

That's because they are place holders from HL1.
Anyway, water in docks is amazing!

All I know is that when I get the game I will be turning on AA for sure. That should fix any complaints I have.

I find it amazing how the 3d models can use their arms to express themselves while talking as a real person would. No other game has ever had that. It goes well with the expressive facial animations, even the eyeballs move realistically.

Yeah, I loved when Alyx rolled her eyes on the poor Kleiner :)

Its cool how kleiner can use his hand to adjust his glasses. A little thing but still its neat. Another nice little touch how he leans forward bending his body to type on the keyboard.

AA means anti-aliasing(sp?). It gets rid of the jagged edges on polygons. Turning on AA would have seriously helped in the docks video.

anyone else here saw that cool effect with Kleiners hands in the magnifying glass. How in the hell do they do stuff like that?

The LAST thing Kleiner says right before the strider bursts in is "Oh fine."

Originally posted by qckbeam
anyone else here saw that cool effect with Kleiners hands in the magnifying glass. How in the hell do they do stuff like that?

Thats the input-output feature in the engine Gabe talked about. It's basically the same effect as with the video camera in the tech demo. I can imagine all kinds of uses for this in mods.

Oh, now I see. Yeah it is the input/output system with the camera zoomed in a bit. Never thought of using it in that way.

Back