know what would be cool?

Reaction score
if they put co-op as a built in aspect of the multiplayer. that would freaking rock! i know sven is already working on this, but heh, i just cant wait to see what MP is going to be like. for all we know they have one hell of a beefed up MP. :p

MP would be a great asset to HL2. I think that there are far too many adversarial MP FPS games/mods around. Not that it's neccessarily a bad thing, but the odd co-op game would be a welcome change.

The last great Co-op experience was Quake 2, correct me if I'm wrong. Someone definates needs to do it again.

I trust the Sven team with the challenge of making another decent Co-op mod, I'm sure they'll do a fantastic job.

sure, raven-shield has co-op, but i like the adventure-fps co-op, like halo, the co-op in that rocks, too bad the level design/story sucks.

Valve have already said they're not doing a co-op gametype in Multiplayer but they WILL pick one mod team out of the several wanting to do it and give them official help and support towards it.

heh, definitely sven, i cant think of a single other *known* mod team that did co-op for hl or is going to do co-op for hl2

Coop would be the best thing... especially since they removed it from the PC version of Halo, which would have been the only reason for me to buy it. Hopefully both games get a Coop mod put in, but I don't understand why the devs wouldn't include it themselves since it is a popular mod that most Lan gamers would enjoy. Not all of us have Broadband, although I do, and not all of us like playing online with people that are rude or cheat. I liked playing CS and so did my son til one day I caught someone cursing him because he was only 12 and was doing very well (17-2), accusing him of cheating and swearing at him. It was then I decided that only bots would play against him so I got into waypointing maps for Podbot so he could play them instead of ignorant people online. I also got fed up with all the cheating that was going on and downloaded SvenCoop and it was awesome to play with my son on our Lan with a few others I knew online. COOP ROCKS, why not include it right out of the box!!??

Originally posted by D33
Valve have already said they're not doing a co-op gametype in Multiplayer but they WILL pick one mod team out of the several wanting to do it and give them official help and support towards it.

Maybe it's a conspiracy, and THIS is the big MP secret afterall. Co-op *drool*

hmm, It seems me the only person her who does not know jackshit about CO-OOP

what is COOP? Please.

joking right? lol

It's where two people can play together in the single player campaign. It rocks!!!

COOP ; Co-Operative , a gamemode where two or more players play togheter to defeat NPC-enemies

Honestly, I didn't think the first Sven Coop was that good. It was really buggy and it was really annoying when your gay teammates got in the way. I would love to see a coop mode though, even if it was Sven coop. In that case, I hope they do an excellent job on it. I am so excited about the multiplayer.

Originally posted by G0rgon
hmm, It seems me the only person her who does not know jackshit about CO-OOP

what is COOP? Please.

you and a bunch of other guys team up and kill some computer controlled aliens/marines etc....

Sven was too arcadey co op for me.
I'd prefer co op like Halo.

Keep the entire story intact, etc, cut no corners.

Oh dam me. Co oprative just like SEROIUS SAM

THANKS YOU GUYS.

If this is real it will be flipping fun, for fact

Originally posted by Stiler
Sven was too arcadey co op for me.
I'd prefer co op like Halo.

Keep the entire story intact, etc, cut no corners.

couldnt of said it better myself...

Originally posted by G0rgon
Oh dam me. Co oprative just like SEROIUS SAM

THANKS YOU GUYS.

If this is real it will be flipping fun, for fact

G0rgon, are you alright? You don't normally have trouble with your english, or so I thought....

Back