Korean child starves to death because parents...

simonjedi

Spy
Reaction score
...were to busy raising a virtual baby.

A South Korean couple who were addicted to the internet let their three-month-old baby starve to death while raising a virtual daughter online, police said.

The pair fed their own premature baby just once a day in between 12-hour stretches at an internet cafe, the official Yonhap news agency reported.

Police officer Chung Jin-won told Yonhap they "lost their will to live a normal life" after losing their jobs.

He said they "indulged themselves online" to escape from reality.

The 41-year-old father and his 25-year-old wife were arrested in the city of Suweon, south of Seoul, earlier this week, five months after they reported the death of their baby.

An autopsy showed her death was caused by a long period of malnutrition.

The couple had become obsessed with nurturing a virtual girl called Anima in the popular role-playing game Prius Online, police said on Friday.

The game enables players to interact with Anima and as they do so, help her to recover her lost memory and develop emotions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8551122.stm

WHAT THE ****.

Jesus Christ that's terrible.

That's like the worst kind of irony. Or is that not irony at all? I always get my irony wrong.

I don't get why people bring life into this world if they don't bother to look after it.

I don't get why people bring life into this world if they don't bother to look after it.

the guy forgets to pull out and the woman is a bitch and wont get an abortion.

I lose faith in humanity when I hear about these things.

I don't see how you can value a ****ing game over a human. I have heard about this with WoW once.

>41 year old father, 25 year old mother

:|

>41 year old father, 25 year old mother

:|

That's what you have a problem with in this article? Seriously man, that's not even a very big difference tbh, and especially, when they ****ing left their baby to starve playing internet games. Jesus christ.

Where is Numbers ? Maybe he too is addicted to internet.

No bad puns?

I am disappoint.

Dude.
Ever thought to show
A little class? A baby has
Died. Some
Bastards on this forum might
Attempt to make jokes,
But this story
Is hardly a laughing matter. I'm
Entirely appalled that you would
Stoop to that
Level.
Obligatory puns? Not on your
Life.

Tbh, it's kind of hard- Should I get that level 80 raid achievement, or save a korean baby?

baby couldnt EAT that!

*waiting for internet cheers and admirations*

Retards should be sterilized. And I'm not talking about the mentally handicapped.

The interesting thing is, they met in an online game and married.

Also, as par with my stance on everything: EXECUTE THEM ALL. There are certain people in which society had no use for, especially unemployed game addicts that starve their own child.

The interesting thing is, they met in an online game and married.

Also, as par with my stance on everything: EXECUTE THEM ALL. There are certain people in which society had no use for, especially unemployed game addicts that starve their own child.

i'd at least harvest their organs and save like 20 lives....then you can execute them

If only the baby was playing a virtual parent game he wouldn't have been so neglected.

If only the baby was playing a virtual parent game he wouldn't have been so neglected.
Or if the baby had a digital sensors attached to it. So when the baby was full or when its diapers were changed, the parents could hear a little level up sound effect and got 'good parenting points' and achievements.

Back