Last Hope for a solution.

skater4evr5

Reaction score
OK ..Ive had this problem with CSS beta, CSS, FarCRY, Doom 3 mostly the high end games.

I get this weird jidderyness every 3 seconds and it kinds bogs down my game for .5 seconds acts kinds like LAG, but way worse.
It kinda pauses the game for like .2 seconds and picked it off where It left off

You can actually see my FPS go from 76 steady to 56 in a heartbeat then right back up again.

Someone said it was my RAM that I bought cause I bought the cheapest RAM i could get from newegg.com

OH and after playing on a MAP for about 7 minutes it fixes it self somehow.. but when it changes servers well i wait for 7 minutes.. and then play

Specs:
Radeon 9600 pro 256mb, 128-bit
"barton" amd 3000+ 512k cache
512 RAM, pc3200
180 gb HD
15" Dell monitor

any help ? Should i buy 512 more RAM ?

Or try to reinstall windows.
A fresh start makes miracles.

And update all drivers, mobo, 3dcard, sound etc.

Fastwrites is used by your 3dcard download rivaturner (does it work for radeon card?) and you can turn it off

ok ...

i updates all drivers for mobo sound and ati..

ran two virus checkers.
ran ad-aware.
ran ccleaner.
ran spyware doctor.

and deleted ALL temp files (2.3 gigsworth).

and guess what ..SAME PROBLEM ARGHHH.. I bet you its RAM i mean right after 6 minutes and 3 seconds ITS perfectly fine ..ps pic of bug ..woot...and pic of nice FPS ( everything on High 800 x 600 no aa or af )

Erm, I would recommend a disk cleanup and a defrag, should sort out some clutter on your HD.

They can both be found at Programs>Accessories>System Tools. Pretty much what a defrag does is sorts out how the data is stored on your HD, if the data is all over the place, it makes it harder to access etc. - I used to similar problems with lock ups and just shitty FPS, but a defrag suprisingly got me a good 10-20fps increase, and stopped the locking up.

If worst comes to worst, like O'neill said, wiping everything off does miracles ;)

Format? Usually solves all problems, even though its very annoying and time consuming to do it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

It's

cl_smooth 0

(for css atleast, i had it, and so did others, **** me is it good when it doesnt happen!)

Back