Latest Half-Life 2 footage (ECTS)

Gorgon

Reaction score
We've seen plenty of Half-Life 2 footage recently - and it's fair to say that none of it has disappointed. So when we came across this new clip - which includes a buggy in action for the first time - at the ECTS games show at Earls Court, we were more than a little excited.

Overall though, Valve's ECTS presentation of the game differed little to the video originally shown at May's E3 event in Los Angeles, with only a smattering of new footage. Still, even on repeat viewing, the FPS sequel still looks absolutely stunning and our anticipation for the game's release is greater than ever.

Speaking of which, there's still no definite UK release date for the game. While a 30 September release was originally announced, and a rogue US schedule later included an on-sale date of 14 November, there's still no official word from publishers Vivendi Universal as to when we're likely to see it. Fingers crossed it's sooner rather than later...

You can download it later today at this link

ftp://ftp.futurenet.co.uk/pub/dailyradar/pc/halflife2_ects.mov

Good Luck
:cool:

We havent seen the buggy in action before? Odd... I could have sworn we've seen it...

I looked at it, and it is the car part but with diffrent gameplay.....The graphics looks more improved, you can notice that they applied bump mapping to the road.

I just downloaded it and its the same as the one in the e3 demo only much worse quality :( The floos and people did look a little different tho.

I know, that is sad........but the graphics is much better if you looked closer.

how can the graphics be better when valve has stated this is the exact E3 demo?

anyone know about the video where the ... i forgot the name of the new 'big bugs' anyway its chasing gordon then a tank enters the scene and it tries to flip over the tank? the gamespy review of e3 talked about see'ing that..... but i havn't.. and i want to!

Originally posted by Bass

Updated E3 footage.........the same car scen part as you saw in the E3 but the graphics been improved with slightly diffrent gameplay (new footage angles of hitting the space ship).......:dozey:

anyone know about the video where the ... i forgot the name of the new 'big bugs' anyway its chasing gordon then a tank enters the scene and it tries to flip over the tank? the gamespy review of e3 talked about see'ing that..... but i havn't.. and i want to!

Originally posted by zorg

http://www.gamershell.com/download_2974.shtml

you can download the vid from the above link....:cheers:

Originally posted by G0rgon
Speaking of which, there's still no definite UK release date for the game. While a 30 September release was originally announced, and a rogue US schedule later included an on-sale date of 14 November, there's still no official word from publishers Vivendi Universal as to when we're likely to see it. Fingers crossed it's sooner rather than later...

Valve want a world wide release, the same date for the whole world, if they say 30th of september, expect it to be released on that day all round the world.

NO Gorgon dude, that's not the video zorg's talking about - zorg sorry but I'm almost 100% that hasn't been released to the general public. Which is a shame cause I'd love to see that one too.

Obviously Gamesradar were the only one who didn't ask Valve if the release date was unchanged.

Well, we'll all know whether it's delayed or not in a month.

the original link is the exact same video that was from E3, only this one was HORRIBLE quality, please dont mistake the crazy flashing random colors for bump mapping, its just shitty video quality.

Downloading now!

OT: D33, are you a member at [M]?

Originally posted by Feath
Obviously Gamesradar were the only one who didn't ask Valve if the release date was unchanged.

Well, we'll all know whether it's delayed or not in a month.

Sooner than that, the gold announcement would have to be in about 2 weeks if its gonna me it on time.

Sooner than that, the gold announcement would have to be in about 2 weeks if its gonna me it on time.

Well, we don't know whether Valve will actually tell anyone when the game goes Gold.

Well Ive never seen a game just "appear" without an announcement, but hey it would be cool.

Well Ive never seen a game just "appear" without an announcement, but hey it would be cool.

he was talking about when it is FINISHED not when it is released.

the footage that u see was running on a P3 1000 Mhz with a GeForce 4 card..

http://www.gamingeye.com/pc/nyheter/nyhet.eye?id=30117 (swedish)

En intressant sak är dock att presentationen ägde rum pa en P3 1000 mhz med ett GeForce 4-kort och det hävdar Gabe Newell skulle vara fullt tillräckligt för att avnjuta spelet i dess fulla glans. Det verkar som att man kanske slipper punga ut med fyratusen för ett nytt grafikkort trots allt.

Translation:

An intresting note is that the presentation was running on a P3 1000 mhz with a GeForce 4 card, and Gabe Newell says that it should be enough to run the game in all its glory. It seems that we dont have to spend $400 on a new graphic card after all.

Originally posted by Anwar
he was talking about when it is FINISHED not when it is released.

He was referring to the fact that it is *highly* unlikely that a game could/would go gold without any word of it leaking out.

h00dlum

Nice find. However, the screen is soooo small we cant actualy see any real differences between the two. Its just too damn small :(
Still I am upgradeing. I want it in ALL its glorry! :p

Moveing Tomorrow - Be back online some time after next friday. Someone make a thread to keep all the stuff I missed in please.
jk jk

God damn it, no internet!

byeeeeeeee

demos can be run on any computer, no matter the video card, they only record what happens data wise, not visually.. so in theory, a demo recorded on a computer with a geforce2 .. would look shitty while being recorded, but could be sent to a computer with a geforce4 and look much much better.

i think he was actually playing with that specs...otherwize he would´t have said that.

Erm, I am sorry to say it but I think that worldspawn is probably right. I just aint with it today!

Originally posted by worldspawn
demos can be run on any computer, no matter the video card, they only record what happens data wise, not visually.. so in theory, a demo recorded on a computer with a geforce2 .. would look shitty while being recorded, but could be sent to a computer with a geforce4 and look much much better.

not true I tried to boot it up on a calculator... no luck

Originally posted by worldspawn

Yeah, but at E3, the machine they were running was Dell XPS w/ 512MB Ram and 9800 Pro. What was so much better that they were running it on at ECTS?

Re: Re: Latest Half-Life 2 footage (ECTS)

Originally posted by Duracell
Valve want a world wide release, the same date for the whole world, if they say 30th of september, expect it to be released on that day all round the world.

Are you sure of that?

OMG THE POSSIBILITIES! I CANT BUY IT FROM A STORE!
you just made my day :)

Yeah, but at E3, the machine they were running was Dell XPS w/ 512MB Ram and 9800 Pro. What was so much better that they were running it on at ECTS?

why do you say it was so much better at ECTS? i see nothing in that video that would suggest to me it was any better/different.

uhm guys i downloaded the movie but i cant open it with any media player or so on..what program do you need to play the movie ??:S i dont get it

Originally posted by Hish
uhm guys i downloaded the movie but i cant open it with any media player or so on..what program do you need to play the movie ??:S i dont get it

Quicktime.

Back