Left 4 Dead 2 Update

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Several changes along with this update, but Steam has only outlined the major changes. They include the following:
  • Fixed crash on startup when using FAT32 file system
  • Fixed in-game chat input where the local encoding differs from the input language's
  • Fixed bug where Survivor Bots would sometimes become unresponsive in Scavenge games
  • Updated subtitle localization files for Hungarian, Portuguese, Romanian and Russian
  • Fixed exploit that allowed players on the Infected team to spawn directly next to the Survivors
Restart Steam to get this update. Steam news.

wheres the update that fixes the dumb dumb teammate AI???

Hey, hey, I'm your life...

I hate having a bot heal me right in the middle of a horde. It's very annoying when I'm being hit, and I can't move.

Hey, hey, I'm your life...

I hate having a bot heal me right in the middle of a horde. It's very annoying when I'm being hit, and I can't move.

Even worse when your the last one standing with a bot running for the helicopter with a Tank right on your ass then the bot starts healing you forcing you to stop and get your ass kicked by the tank. Valve should really add a reject health option when Bots attempt to heal you.

In case you didn't know, taking out a medkit, pills, or adrenaline (I assume) will prevent bots from trying to heal you.

A ****ing bullet through the head will prevent them from healing you. And the bot AI is terrible.
And us Australians have to live with it, according to fatty Dub, BECAUSE WE CAN'T MUSTER UP THE FULL 4 BECAUSE OF OUR CRAPPY GOVERNMENT! They destroyed the community!

They really need to fix the 'Jesus christ I can't move after being chargered' glitch. Would've thought that would be top of their list of fixes.

And us Australians have to live with it, according to fatty Dub, BECAUSE WE CAN'T MUSTER UP THE FULL 4 BECAUSE OF OUR CRAPPY GOVERNMENT! They destroyed the community!
What are you talking about? It's easy to get a full server going.

Speak for yourself. It isn't exactly difficult to get an uncensored copy. Regardless I fail to see what this has to do with player numbers.

They really need to fix the 'Jesus christ I can't move after being chargered' glitch. Would've thought that would be top of their list of fixes.
The charger is supposed to incapacitate you.

Speak for yourself. It isn't exactly difficult to get an uncensored copy. Regardless I fail to see what this has to do with player numbers.

It's based on the number of people who haven't bothered to buy the game for the reason being that the game is censored. On top of that the community is split into two parts, people who play censored, and the people who don't. Playing long enough to regularly see slots not being filled in a game doesn't mimic what you would expect of a game that has just come out. Around 200 players at once during the night isn't a healthy community to be honest.

The charger is supposed to incapacitate you.

Yes, but it's not meant to glitch you into the ground so even if you aren't incapacitated you can't move until you're either attacked again by another special infected or downed by your team mates and revived again. It's happened a handful of times now leading me to believe it is fairly common.

Yes, but it's not meant to glitch you into the ground so even if you aren't incapacitated you can't move until you're either attacked again by another special infected or downed by your team mates and revived again. It's happened a handful of times now leading me to believe it is fairly common.

I thought this was fixed in the last update. Have you had this happen recently?

I agree though, that was fooking annoying!

I thought this was fixed in the last update. Have you had this happen recently?

I agree though, that was fooking annoying!

Happened in 3 games recently. Also still get the 'Survivors have escaped...' glitch on Swamp Fever when the boat to cross the river is activated, which disables anyone on infected from spawning for a period of time.

Fix the AI, Valve! It should be at least remotely possible to beat a campaign on Expert mode with 3 bots. As soon as a horde or tank shows up they all get assraped because they're dumb as shit.

Back