Left 4 Dead 360 Update Released

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
A new update for Left 4 Dead has been released via Xbox Live. Includes a host of fixes, tweaks and new features, such as:

• Fixed Survivors being able to climb surfaces marked for versus infected only
  • Fixed mini-gun physics exploit
  • Added HUD elements to show status of other infected players
  • Fixed rare achievement bug issues
  • Increased chance of getting the Tank or Witch

More after the break.[br]

General[br]
Fixed Survivors being able to climb surfaces marked for versus infected only[br]
Fixed a class of SurvivorBot bugs dealing with rescuing downed players[br]
Players can no longer grab ladders while flying through the air after a Tank punch[br]
Shooting near a car with an alarm that has already fired the alarm will no longer make chirping noises[br]
Fixed mini-gun physics exploit[br]
Fixed propane tanks (and other physics objects) causing players to fall through elevators[br]
Fixed rare achievement bug issues[br]
Fixed several map exploits[br]

Versus Changes[br]
Added HUD elements to show status of other infected players[br]
Fixed instance where a Survivor changing to the infected team would be attacked by infected bots[br]
Normalized special infected melee damage[br]
Fixed exploit where infected players could run away and teleport back to gain health[br]
Players can only change teams once per map[br]
Players can't change teams while other players are still loading[br]
Tank spawns at the same % through the map for both teams in versus mode[br]
Made the Tank and Witch spawn directly on the escape route[br]
Increased chance of getting the Tank or Witch[br]
Fixed team swap issue[br]

Hunter[br]
Easier to pounce a Survivor who is meleeing[br]
Increased Minimum damage a Hunter pounce does[br]

Smoker[br]
Fixed Smoker tongue tolerance[br]
Smoker now has to be killed or the tongue destroyed for the tongue to break[br]
Survivors cannot bash someone off the tongue until the Survivor being pulled is paralyzed or hanging[br]
Tongue attacks that fail to paralyze or hang a Survivor will use the shorter ability delay timer[br]
Fixed cases where the ability timer was not using the correct time[br]
Fixed case where you could point at a Survivor but not register a tongue hit[br]
Fixed Smoker tongue not targeting and landing properly through PZ ghosts[br]
Smoker tongue does damage every second while dragging paralyzed Survivors[br]

Tank[br]
Bashable objects now appear with a red glow[br]
Tanks hitting a car with an alarm disables the alarm permanently[br]
Tank frustration timer is only reset by hitting Survivors with rocks or fists[br]
Reduced autoshotgun damage against Tanks[br]

Witch[br]
Witch spawns at the same % through the map for both teams[br]
Avoids spawning within a certain % of the tank[br]
Fixed an exploit where the Witch could be woken up and tricked into attacking Survivors

The best fix for the 360 version is to buy the PC version. :p

It's no fun playing L4D with 13 year old kids who scream at their mom.

I haven't touched my 360 since I built my new computer 3 months ago.

yeah PC rocks, and free updates long before anyone else

I'm just glad we got the update.

I was playing as the Tank, and while I took out all four survivors, I noticed that the columns below the generator room in NM-2 were all red. I know that if an object is outlined in red, you can throw them at survivors. Are the columns movable?

Yeh I have both but prefer the PC version. Xbox...meh...doesnt feel the same.

I'm just glad we got the update.

I was playing as the Tank, and while I took out all four survivors, I noticed that the columns below the generator room in NM-2 were all red. I know that if an object is outlined in red, you can throw them at survivors. Are the columns movable?

Destructible.

Indeed, essentially the tank can punch the columns and they smash, and a small amount of concrete will fly off in the direction you hit the pillar. This will damage the survivors so it's a pretty good tactic.

I'm glad there won't be any glitches that completely ruin my experience. Or are there still many bugs in the game?

they've made the smoker different to the current PC version. Wonder how play is different on 360 to merit this?

The best fix for the 360 version is to buy the PC version. :p

It's no fun playing L4D with 13 year old kids who scream at their mom.

I haven't touched my 360 since I built my new computer 3 months ago.

I've played all four campaigns and never have heard a 13 year old scream at their mum.

Infact, I don't even play with 13 year olds. I always play with friends.

I've played all four campaigns and never have heard a 13 year old scream at their mum.

Infact, I don't even play with 13 year olds. I always play with friends.

But but but but but the Youtube video of the kid screaming into his 360 mic applies to ALL players duuuhhh!

I'm the same - I come across idiots every one in ten games, and I can say that for both the 360 and PC userbase in my time as a online gamer.

What's with the hate on 360's? We're just like all of you! We just want to be left alone!

Hey, I'm not hating on it, I'm a Valve 360 player myself. I guess as this forum is more moved towards a PC userbase you have to expect a few people to be generalizing and ignorant asses, which echoes the type of minority individuals you would get on a console specific forum or website so it all goes hand in hand. I just don't know why some sites can't have a fair share of both crowds' good folk with open minds towards either system or fanbase. I guess not...

But anyway, good news for 360 folk. I haven't played in a while - though the bugs never actually really affected me - but I should be back on soon so hurrah all the same.

My mates coming over tomorrow night so i'll make sure we give Versus a good run. These changes sound good, none of them look like they'll have a negative effect on the game.

And not once have a I come across a screaming kid in a L4D game. There's been maybe 2-3 teamkillers i've come across.. but no rubbish over the mic. Granted Halo 3 is full of it, but that doesn't mean that every game on the 360 has players like that.

Back