Left 4 Dead Previews at Quakecon

Munro

ValveTime Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of good things have come from the Quakecon event including all new previews and videos of Left 4 Dead. The only downside of course is the announcement of its delay to 'early 2008'. At least watching the videos will pass a little time...[br]
Firstly there is a small written preview available at Gamespy.[br]
[br]
If that is not enough to excite you head over to Gamespot to see their hands-on report, 3 new gameplay videos, and an
interview
with Valve's Chet Faliszek.[br]
[br]
And if that's still not enough head over to IGN! They have a preview and 4 new gameplay videos.[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif

hi Munro, hows everything :)

I really like the idea where you can pick up any side. can't wait to play as the fat zombie.

cool

If those were a mod screenshots they'd get bitched from here to Jupiter.

Those screenshots shouldn't of been posted, it doesn't give the game justice. :(

Unfortuntly I don't have access to the high-res versions of the videos ;(

Those screenshots shouldn't of been posted, it doesn't give the game justice. :(

Why not? Why's everyone complaining? I don't get it; those videos are really good examples of L4D's gameplay...

Unfortuntly I don't have access to the high-res versions of the videos ;(

It's possible to download without having an account at all. I've contacted IGN Support to have this issue fixed.

Anyone that needs screenshots that "do the game justice" to be convinced that the game is worth buying needs to f*ck off. I don't care if it uses a lot of Half-Life 2 assets, or whether or not staring at a wall in game will make my jaw drop. It's zombie coop, and it's gonna kick ass.

I was there and let me tell you the game is awesome, they had them on some 27 or up inch monitors with some nice fidelity speakers and everything just felt polished, the sound the movement in the game the guns. One cool thing I saw that really stood out was when this one player playing the old man character got hurt pretty bad and he was just plodding along dragging one leg. He tried shooting out a wooden door with his shotgun to try to get through, but he was too slow and got LEFT 4 DEAD by his team mates.

The Turtle Rock guys there were cool too, they gave out a poster and t-shirt to everyone who played, what's cooler is the had shirts in S M and L+ instead of the standard only XL shirts that fit most people like a wannabe gangster.

aggh! 2008?! well.... at least we might get the orange box this year. maybe.

I was there and let me tell you the game is awesome, they had them on some 27 or up inch monitors with some nice fidelity speakers and everything just felt polished, the sound the movement in the game the guns. One cool thing I saw that really stood out was when this one player playing the old man character got hurt pretty bad and he was just plodding along dragging one leg. He tried shooting out a wooden door with his shotgun to try to get through, but he was too slow and got LEFT 4 DEAD by his team mates.

The Turtle Rock guys there were cool too, they gave out a poster and t-shirt to everyone who played, what's cooler is the had shirts in S M and L+ instead of the standard only XL shirts that fit most people like a wannabe gangster.
Nice! Go to left4dead411: http://www.left4dead411.com/forums/index.php?action=vtopic&forum=2 And share your thoughts there please. :) We were spoiled at this event. Usually we go crazy for 1 video but over 5? :imu:

Anyone that needs screenshots that "do the game justice" to be convinced that the game is worth buying needs to f*ck off. I don't care if it uses a lot of Half-Life 2 assets, or whether or not staring at a wall in game will make my jaw drop. It's zombie coop, and it's gonna kick ass.
Some people do - so **** yourself.

Im dissappointed by this but im intrigued by the game so I will be findnig those vids.

Some people do - so **** yourself.

Im dissappointed by this but im intrigued by the game so I will be findnig those vids.

No, you've still got it wrong, **** them (and quite possibly you too).

Hahaha. Seriously. I'd rather not team up with someone that would see these screenshots, and go "AHHHHH PIXELATED" or "I SAW THAT BENCH IN THE TRAIN STATION IN CITY 17! NEW GAME MY ASS!"

It's all about context. We're on HL2.net, not carebears.com. People browsing the site news with any regularity should have some curiousity as to what L4D is. If they don't, or a few low res screenshots is all it takes to get them away from the game, then yes, **** them.

If screenshots are from a low-res version of a video of someone filming a screen, of course they're not going to have good quality.
I hope everyone understands that. If you have seen high-res screenshots/videos you know the game looks pretty sexy.

I'm really hyped for the game. In fact, it looks jolly good! *Sips tea*
All the lucky bastards who has got to play the game agree that it is a really intense and fun experience.
The delay is a bit of a bummer, but if they want to spend extra time
to tweak the game in order to make it kick even larger amounts of ass, I'm not going to stop them.

Back