Left 4 Dead Retail Released and New Games to Steam (GTA IV Pre-Purchase)

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Tonight I can see many people from the Halflife2.net Steam community group getting their teeth into Left 4 Dead, after the official release of the retail versions. Left 4 Dead's pre-order numbers surpassed those of Valve's 2007 blockbuster, The Orange Box, by more than 160%. That is pretty incredible. Steam has also released an update for L4D tonight
  • Fixed certain files for some users from being re-downloaded when launching Left 4 Dead
Also, you can now buy Tomb Raider: Underworld on Steam, and also pre-purchase the upcoming Prince of Persia title (Getting Sands of Time for free). Lastly, as we reported a few days ago, with Grand Theft Auto IV on it's way to Steam, this is now available for pre-purchase, with GTA Vice City thrown in for free. PoP available - December 10th, GTAIV - December 3rd.

Anyone play the Tomb Raider game yet? Been thinking about getting it.

If it's anything like Legend, it should be pretty damn good. And it is the sequel to Legend, so i think it should be pretty much more of the same. The demo sure seemed like it.

Oh I would love to buy Pricnce of Persia on Steam, but whata hell I'm not from North or South America! Screw you Ubisoft (or Ubisux?).

Got my Left 4 Dead copy the other day, downloaded through Steam and it's no wonder it's so popular! Thanks Valve I LOVE IT!

I can't believe R* are selling GTA IV for $40, even with the lousy exchange rate and tax that's still quite tempting. With GTA I'm a whore for the packaging though so I'll be sticking with the retail for now.

Have to say with the recent spate of big name titles appearing on Steam it certainly seems like it's arrived as a distribution platform for other publishers. Quite a few in the top sellers list as well.

I was listening to the pcgamer uk podcast and they were pretty complimentary about the latest tomb raider game tbh.

Great GTAIV price seeing it's a new release on Steam!

I'm tempted with Tomb Raider too, I loved the first 2 games but the franchise went a bit wobbly after those, for some reason I lost interest - did they change developers or something?

Eh? GTA4 is showing up as $50 for me before tax, which isn't too impressive. Almost certainly an Amazon buy on this end (works out at $37 in comparison), plus I want the packaging.

Eh? GTA4 is showing up as $50 for me before tax, which isn't too impressive. Almost certainly an Amazon buy on this end (works out at $37 in comparison), plus I want the packaging.

Weird, I'm in the UK too and it's $39 and you get Vice City free.

I'm actually in Ireland atm. I guess that explains it, although I've never heard of there being a price difference between the UK and the rest of Europe before...?

That is odd indeed. Get someone from your family back in London to log into your account and order it for you, looooopy hole.

Great GTAIV price seeing it's a new release on Steam!

I'm tempted with Tomb Raider too, I loved the first 2 games but the franchise went a bit wobbly after those, for some reason I lost interest - did they change developers or something?

Yeah, the game is actually damn fun now.

Back