legendary Sci Fi writer Arthur C Clarke dead :<

Aww shit.

That bloody sucks.

I loved the majority of his books.

ok first of all its Aurthur C Clarke, not Arthus. which is most likely just a typo so whatever

but what the hell is this about?

lol this isnt bad news, just good:

its that guy who invented scientology. he deserve to die.

and scientology is bad cuz they dont believe in either church or science: they believe in space. basically thye dont think evolution is real (i discussed this in another topic) but also dont think god made fish, then dinosaurs, then monkeys and eventualy humans.

dude the are crazy people!! so he deserved to die
You're thinkin of L. Ron Hubbard, he also did Dianetics
Scientology is scary business, but not for those reasons....

Sometimes I wish there really was an Internet police.

Although he's in my sig I have yet to read a single book by this man. I have 2001 at home, but I have yet to open it because I have several other books also lying unopened in my room because I tend to keep buying 2 more books before I have the one I'm on finished.

lol this isnt bad news, just good:

its that guy who invented scientology. he deserve to die.

and scientology is bad cuz they dont believe in either church or science: they believe in space. basically thye dont think evolution is real (i discussed this in another topic) but also dont think god made fish, then dinosaurs, then monkeys and eventualy humans.

dude the are crazy people!! so he deserved to die
Oh my god, kiss me. You're my hero, man.

:( He inspired me in so many ways, and was one of my heroes. Did he ever finish his last book?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I wanted to meet him before he died.

Well, 90 is a good run. At least he was chilling out where he wanted to live out his last days.

RIP.

I've never read any of his stuf, but I do appreciate a good book. RIP, Clarky.

Also, Master of darknezz ruined this thread.

lol no big deal i confused him with another guy

i haven't read but have seen the movei

You confused one of the greatest Sci-fi writers ever with one of the biggest scam artists ever. Shame on you, sir! Shame on you!

RIP, and thanks for 2001 and its sequels. ;(

He just went ahead before us, we're all gonna die someday anyway.

Cool that he left something good to be remembered for and people who feel sorry for his decease.

Rest in peace Sir Arthur, we'll catch up later :thumbs:

He was awesomeness defined.

Farewell.

imageTNG.JPG

That's damn sad, Against the Fall of Night and The Songs of Distant Earth my two favourite short stories :(

At least he died in a place he loved after a good long life. That's more than many get.

i said i'm sorry for confusing arthus c. clarke to that scientology guy. it was just a misatke, thats all. no problem. didnt want to insult arthus. i respect him and hes a good writer.

i said i'm sorry for confusing arthus c. clarke to that scientology guy. it was just a misatke, thats all. no problem. didnt want to insult arthus. i respect him and hes a good writer.

"Arthus c. clarke", Jesus wept, his name is Sir Arthur Charles Clarke! He didn't invent scientology and he is not the human prince in Warcraft III, for **** sake...

I loved his short stories. And of course, 2001 (despite the wierd ass ending).

RIP Arthur C. Clarke

"Arthus c. clarke", Jesus wept, his name is Sir Arthur Charles Clarke! He didn't invent scientology and he is not the human prince in Warcraft III, for **** sake...

i i know he didnt invent scientology. i just confused him that's all . i said sorry and i got a warning anyway from the mdoerators because peopl thought i wanted to insult arthur.

We read Childhood's End in my science fiction / human extinction seminar course last semester... the class was considering trying to video-chat with Clarke about the novel (we had $700 to spend or so) but we eventually didn't. Looks like we should have when we had the chance D:

Jesus christ, that video nearly bought tears to my eyes. It was what, a couple of months back? Little did he know of what was too come.

:(

What do you mean? His death?
That was a goodbye message to his fans.

In my high school days, his books would take my mind so far into space and the future. The visions he shared are so breathtakingly beautiful and tragic. I personally hope to see them come true one of these days.

He will always be my most favorite science fiction author, who has inspired me greatly.

Now he's going through the stargate.

Best journeys,
Arthur C Clarke.

Back