Let's not talk Recording Software / Methods.

Y

Yorick

While I was wandering around Target the other day killing some time, I came across a 222 USB Instrument Cable, and thought to myself, "Yeah, why the hell not." Being that I'm at best an amateur when it comes to recording my own tracks, I don't really know much about the entire thing. Like, my previous method consisted of a USB Microphone strategically placed between my guitar and my face. I also always used Audacity for recording, because, well, it's free.

I hooked up my electric with the adapter and messed around in Audacity for a bit, and it sounded fantastic. Thrilled I decided to try some recording, but then found that Audacity won't record from multiple sources at the same time. I grabbed the demo for Mixcraft, and I really like it, but I don't want to shell out without checking with some people first.

So tell me, is there better software for what I'm doing? For those that have used Mixcraft, is it worth the $75?

I see your humorous edit.

Mixcraft... I've never even heard of it. Reads like a feebler version of Ableton.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'multiple sources' for your recording. Do you mean you're using that 222 thing as well as your mic? The easiest way is to run a cheap mixer to your audio in... PCs aren't too crazy about multiple inputs when it comes to sound, even if from a USB source.

I see your humorous edit.

I didn't do that. Silly staffers.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'multiple sources' for your recording. Do you mean you're using that 222 thing as well as your mic? The easiest way is to run a cheap mixer to your audio in... PCs aren't too crazy about multiple inputs when it comes to sound, even if from a USB source.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean by multiple sources. The 222 is USB and my headset mic goes in through the microphone port on my sound card, and it seems to work fine simultaneously on Mixcraft.

The easiest way is to run a cheap mixer to your audio in...

I think a proper audio card (one meant for recording) would be a better solution. A mixer is kind of overkill, he doesn't need that many audio sources. There's lots of audio cards, both internal and USB that have at least 2 inputs, with various jack types, preamps too like for his guitar.

http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?q...k=0&blowouts=0&filter=see+results&form=search

Not very many suitable cheap ones in that list but that just gives you an idea.

Back