Link constraint?

Stertman

Reaction score
Well.. I have set up a linkconstraint betwen my mag and hand in max. I set the startframe to 90 becouse I dont want it to be linked between frame 1 and 89.. But well, Its liked at frame 1 to 89 anyways.. First I want the mag to be linked to the gun and at frame 90 to the hand. how do i do this?:x

You can animate its movement seperately in relation to hand, you dont have to link the mag to the hand and then back to the gun... animate the hand motion first then go through the animation and keyframe the mag into the right place in relation as the hand moves.

My question about animation is, how do you give bones certain joint restrictions.

you asked that before the answer is very simple. use xsi.

In your fantasies, nobody gave me an answer before though.

clarky003 said:
You can animate its movement seperately in relation to hand, you dont have to link the mag to the hand and then back to the gun... animate the hand motion first then go through the animation and keyframe the mag into the right place in relation as the hand moves.
thats not exactly the most accurate way of doing it ..ill write up a little on it when i get back home.

:D the most accurate way I can think of doing it is to make a rig where you can toggle the clip to the hand or world, look for tuts on howto use a custom attribute holder, that allows you to toggle a constraint to bones or helpers.

But it depends on the animation, if its a quick reload action, you can quite convincingly do it all manually without spending a bunch of time on a rig.

the most accurate way i can think of is to download xsi.

download xsi and ill tell you. and there arnt any smarties in my pants anymore i ate them.

well i would just select both of them at the same time when animating them lol. pretty simple stuff.

Stertman said:
Well.. I have set up a linkconstraint betwen my mag and hand in max. I set the startframe to 90 becouse I dont want it to be linked between frame 1 and 89.. But well, Its liked at frame 1 to 89 anyways.. First I want the mag to be linked to the gun and at frame 90 to the hand. how do i do this?:x
Sorry, just seen this.
On frame 1 add a link constraint to the world, or the gun.....

Back