Liquid cooling?

Reaction score
I have a new liquid cooling system, and I installed it, works fine, and I put car coolant in it, and it idles at around 80 degrees F. Is that good? Better question... what liquid should I use for the most effective cooling?

Yea that' very good. Under load I pull around 86F which is 30C. I use the Koolance coolant that came with my Exos 2 and it works excellent. I'm reaching my 1 year mark in May and I'll have to change it sometime around then. I wonder if car coolant will work better. Is it straight coolant or a 50/50 mix?

gweedodogg69 said:
Yea that' very good. Under load I pull around 86F which is 30C. I use the Koolance coolant that came with my Exos 2 and it works excellent. I'm reaching my 1 year mark in May and I'll have to change it sometime around then. I wonder if car coolant will work better. Is it straight coolant or a 50/50 mix?

I've seen mixed reviews about the Exos 2. How do you find it?

I purchased mine here http://xoxide.com/koolance-exos-2-black.html, but mine works great. If the reviews say anything about noise then yea it's semi loud. Not like tornado loud, but it sounds like 2 large fans spinning very fast when at max speed. But it's fairly quiet. I set it to full speed (10) when I'm gaming/using, and speed 5 when I go to sleep. I barely hear the fans from it, I only hear the 2 case fans I have in my PC and the water occasionally makin noise, but it's kinda soothing.

gweedodogg69 said:
I purchased mine here http://xoxide.com/koolance-exos-2-black.html, but mine works great. If the reviews say anything about noise then yea it's semi loud. Not like tornado loud, but it sounds like 2 large fans spinning very fast when at max speed. But it's fairly quiet. I set it to full speed (10) when I'm gaming/using, and speed 5 when I go to sleep. I barely hear the fans from it, I only hear the 2 case fans I have in my PC and the water occasionally makin noise, but it's kinda soothing.

Why do you have the computer on when you're sleeping?

The question is...why don't you have your computer on why you sleep? jk.

I have it on cause I'm either downloading off newsgroups or just to leave my AIM message up and see if anyone says anything, I dunno. I turn it off when I leave for my classes, but turn it on when I get home. That and I've read reviews on PCs being like a lightbulb. The more you turn them on/off the shorter the life span.

Back